SCUs nerf.

Re: SCUs nerf.

Postby FunkyBacon » 21 Feb 2013, 01:04

Even tho I am a noob(Only 835 rating atm, but thats kinda due to not playing enough ranked games as well :? ) I think removing the teleport from sACU's is the way to go. They would still be decent in combat like the other sACU's just not able to move over the whole map every 10 or so seconds. I have gotten sniped by sACU's a few times myself already, the ones I can remember:
(This one was kinda my own fault in several ways)2 aeon sACU's teleporting right on top of my SMD and killing it simply by damaging it with their guns and exploding next to it. And they came from the other of the map(IIRC setons) with their endless range teleport.

And 2 times getting my ACU killed by 3 sera sACU's teleporting right next to it. They got teleport+shield+nano repair IIRC. Making it extremely durable even against T2 defenses unless you are right next to a spam of them.

I would suggest giving the seraphim a resource upgrade instead on that arm and the aeon already has good upgrades.
FunkyBacon
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: FunkyBacon

Postby FunkOff » 21 Feb 2013, 02:34

uberge3k wrote:As Plasma_Wolf has noted, the math simply does not add up. Being able to destroy structures with energy storage is an excellent example of emergent gameplay, and nerfing it just so that people can turtle more easily is ridiculous.

Make multiple SMDs. Or guard them with mercies/firebeetles/TMLs. Or scout your enemy and utilize the advantage that he gives you if he chooses to make the large investment in teleporting SCUs instead of waiting for him to finish and use it.

A "teleport warning" is ridiculous.

I agree with all of this.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Pathogenic » 21 Feb 2013, 02:39

Though I rarely play blackops games, the anti-teleport tower was a great innovation in that game. If the anti-teleport towers could be imported from blackops into faf, I would be happy.
Pathogenic

Postby -_V_- » 21 Feb 2013, 15:50

Emergent is not necessarily good or adequate or balanced. But I agree it's something "new".

Yet again, something should be done to give the defender a better opportunity to defend against that.

Another thing, we completely dropped the second part, regarding the incredible power of the underwater cyb SACU.

Is any of the initial suggestions to nerf it, actually doable from a game mechanics point of view ?
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Feb 2013, 15:53

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3082

The SCU by itself can't damage any naval unit, I don't see any problem with that.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkyBacon » 21 Feb 2013, 15:55

Ze_PilOt wrote:http://www.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3082

The SCU by itself can't damage any naval unit, I don't see any problem with that.

If you count reclaiming, it actually can. I used it myself once to great effect, 10 supcommanders fully upgraded(nano+resource+build speed) in the water right before the shore, reclaiming a spider that was just out of the water, with it not able to hit my supcommanders.(He could escape easily with the spiders, but it was to half hp quite quickly non the less)
FunkyBacon
Crusader

FAF User Name: FunkyBacon

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Feb 2013, 15:59

That's very situational.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby -_V_- » 21 Feb 2013, 16:15

was talking about the amount of DPS you have to waste to kill it in the hope he wont be able to build harms in time

The HARMS is already like 11K, and it's a pain to kill. OK the SACU is not a HARMS in itself, (no shit^^) but it can build them so fast ...
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Feb 2013, 16:21

You only need to kill the HARMS while it's being built. It's built on surface and only go below once done.

Of course if you concentrate on the builder and not the weapon, it won't work :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby -_V_- » 21 Feb 2013, 16:27

Well not every opponent put SACU in front line hehe
-_V_-
Supreme Commander