Increase the build time of t2 pd.

Increase the build time of t2 pd.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 15 Feb 2013, 18:20

Increase the build time of t2 pd to make t2 pd creep with the acu less viable. Right now the build time is 13 seconds which often makes it ore useful to build pd rather than shoot when attacked (which seems really stupid). If the time were upped to 26/30 seconds this would become considerably less viable but would still be possible provided the advance were slow. This would also give players a little more time to get mml's or pd of their own up. It seems odd to me something clearly intended as a defence (its in the name) should be used offensively at all, it strikes me the original intention of these units was to guard bases being held long term and not to be spammed across the map.

Nb: Given its weaker I would also propose the cybran pd be exempt from this as it would suit their rushing style, I do not play cybran though .
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Increase the build time of t2 pd.

Postby ColonelSheppard » 15 Feb 2013, 18:42

I'm against this. T2 PD rush needn't to be nerfed and also i'm against buffing every single Cybran weakness
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby HyperNova » 15 Feb 2013, 20:58

Nahh. T2 PD takes forever already. Try getting one with a T2 engie. I agree with ColonelSheppard on this one, 100% .
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby Arkansas » 15 Feb 2013, 21:00

13 seconds is not forever. Who builds t2 pd with a single t1 engy anyway?
Arkansas

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby Zock » 15 Feb 2013, 21:18

The problem of t2 creeps were the shields, not the t2 pd.

That a ACU with engy suit (!) is better at building then shooting is okay, aswell as a ACU with gun upgrade is better at shooting then building.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby HyperNova » 15 Feb 2013, 21:31

Arkansas wrote:13 seconds is not forever. Who builds t2 pd with a single t1 engy anyway?

I dunno. I use a single T2 engie or two T1 engies. To avoid raping my mass while I build armies at the same time.
Last edited by HyperNova on 16 Feb 2013, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby uberge3k » 16 Feb 2013, 01:27

T2 PD is not cost effective. Not even close. There are innumerable ways to counter it, all of which are incredibly cost effective.

It is also never used offensively. It cannot be, as it cannot move. The other player has to intentionally suicide their units into your PD.

If you (the general "you") are playing a game, and are limited by build power instead of mass, and able to use T2 PDs "offensively", and this is actually working, then frankly, you are not playing at anywhere approaching a high level and a better player would effortlessly crush you.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby JeeVeS » 16 Feb 2013, 03:30

uberge3k wrote:T2 PD is not cost effective. Not even close. There are innumerable ways to counter it, all of which are incredibly cost effective.

It is also never used offensively. It cannot be, as it cannot move. The other player has to intentionally suicide their units into your PD.

If you (the general "you") are playing a game, and are limited by build power instead of mass, and able to use T2 PDs "offensively", and this is actually working, then frankly, you are not playing at anywhere approaching a high level and a better player would effortlessly crush you.

T2 PD is certainly used offensively in higher level games. Especially in a matchup like cy vs aeon on maps with contested chokes. That being said, there ARE many ways to counter it and I think the current balance is fine.
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby Arkansas » 16 Feb 2013, 14:04

What gets me is not so much that its used offensively but that it often used in preference to running away, its essentially a gun upgrade with 50 extra dps you can get in 13 seconds. This takes thought out of defences, these should be used in places you really want to defend long term not as an as and when stopgap for when your acu is a bit exposed. It makes no sense that an acu should be building rather than shooting when being attacked.
Arkansas

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby Kryo » 16 Feb 2013, 14:06

i dont think this change is necessary right now
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo