Air rolloff times.

Re: Air rolloff times.

Postby rxnnxs » 18 Mar 2013, 23:00

well then lets vote. I am for a faster animation.
so some ppl mean, just in the very beginning when building the first factory, a cybran should be punished for going air because they have the t1 gunship.
great. the other races can therefore do faster the engies and then faster go bombers. hmm... or make t1 interceptors and fight the cybran t1 gunships.
rxnnxs
Priest

Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: rxnnxs

Postby Golol » 18 Mar 2013, 23:16

did anyone actually read what i wrote?
i think i have a point in saying it barely matters...
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby rxnnxs » 18 Mar 2013, 23:53

Golol wrote:engineer build speed barely matters.
90% of the time i would have 100% of my ressources used with sevral left over engies.
if you go first air and first bomber you wont have much ressources after that you need so much buildpower.
and a slow building saves you ressources because you have less engis that you barely need

i read it. the last sentence i do not understand. "a slow building saves you ressources because you have less engis that you barely need".

of course the engineer build speed is not all that matters in the beginning. you barely have mass. thats why you have to start with some engies to spread out to claim stuff. and here comes the crux: if you want to harass the enemy early on, you can not do this without building some engies before that. but that takes more time when the animation is so slow. aftr the engies are out, you make the air you want. meanwhile the enemy is building some attack units while you are done with the 3rd engi...

but some are saying "yesss.. the jester is such an awesome pain in the ass, you do good in a slow animation"
but therefore i wrote what i wrote above...

"if you go first air and first bomber you wont have much ressources after that you need so much buildpower."
i do not understand. if i go first for whatever but not engies then i do not have any mass i can spend. am i supposed to command my commander around in the first minutes? or do you think with the first two bombers you bomb the enemy back to the stoneage?

anyway, this does just mater in the first minutes. after that, you spam your engies if you need so much with the ground fab. the air fab is not making any animation later on, they just lift off..
rxnnxs
Priest

Postby Golol » 19 Mar 2013, 00:17

in my opinion one of the only reasons for going forst air is a instant bomber that will kill hostile engis.
and after you got that bomber out you dont have many ressources so your com and mabye a first engi are fully enough
Golol
Contributor

Postby Nombringer » 19 Mar 2013, 01:36

'Faction diversity' 'Cybran are OP/Strong enough already'

Honestly this is your justification? If Cybran are overpowered, then nerf them where they are. Small amounts of faction diversity are okay, but when all factions use the same economy and base building, diversity in this area should be kept to a subtle minimum. 33% is not a subtle minimum. Maybe the Cybran air factory SHOULD be slower to make up for the jester, but it certainly should not be this slow. Also if we apply this justification to the sera air factory, there's should certainly not be the fastest, with there amazing t1 bomber, please raise your game.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby rxnnxs » 19 Mar 2013, 01:55

Golol wrote:in my opinion one of the only reasons for going forst air is a instant bomber that will kill hostile engis.
and after you got that bomber out you dont have many ressources so your com and mabye a first engi are fully enough

Wow, that could bring someone to a bad idea saying cybrans are even overpowered, because this way cybrans are as fast as the rest ;-)
rxnnxs
Priest

Postby Veta » 19 Mar 2013, 07:59

The reason cybran are considered OP or superior in any way is a function of their T4 arsenal. They have so many more options late game, I enjoy black ops occasionally because of how much more complete your arsenal feels. I can only assume Chris Taylor's plan was always to create something like Black Ops that completed all factions' arsenals.
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Golol » 19 Mar 2013, 09:45

yea but black ops totally dwstroys faction diversity in my opinion.
it doesnt matter which race you play. not really
Golol
Contributor

Postby -_V_- » 20 Mar 2013, 13:25

I;m just amazed constantly how things that always were since the beginning of FA suddenly became a HUGE problem, almost game breaking :mrgreen:

The fact that cybran get the jester is for me reason enough to NOT change the roll off time.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Mar 2013, 13:30

Because they were bigger problems than that, and they were solved. Remains the smaller problems.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622