Buff the billy

Re: Buff the billy

Postby Supreme321 » 27 Feb 2013, 22:26

Also, just thought of this. If the billy is redesigned with its costs then the tmd must have billy>tml/mml as a priority, if it isn't already.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Supreme321

Postby ColonelSheppard » 01 Mar 2013, 14:26

This is what it is currently(2)7what i submitted on bukket:

Upgrade
50% Reduced upgrade costs (new costs 5400 Mass 315.000 Energy)
11% Buildtime increase (new builtime 4000)

Missle
20% reduced mass costs (new costs = 3000)
30% reduced energy cots (new costs 316260)
70% increased buildtime (new buildtime 3060)
increased health by 2 (new health = 4)

Counters:
2 x TMD (either static, cruiser, carrier or nomads field engy)
3 x Loyalist
1 x stationary T3 shield

It comes from the inputs from the survey/forums and calculations if you can kill something to make the billy worth it, these values look heavy but they arent:
A titan for example is ~500 mass that means you would have to kill 6 titans to only pay off for the mass cost of the missle, and you know that the inner ring of the billy is rather small

Mobile shields or T2 shields ARE NOT able to defend a billy and the whole damage will pass
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby GallantDragon » 01 Mar 2013, 22:08

This got me thinking: if the Billy is buffed then that means both the UEF and Cybran comms now each have a lategame high-risk-high-reward "problem-solving" option. I think the Sera restoration field can be considered to be something similar. However, the Aeon comm has nothing like this at all. Something to look into?
GallantDragon

Postby ColonelSheppard » 01 Mar 2013, 22:53

1.)
Comparing Billy with restoration field is somehow flawed logic, sorry but this is like saying that mobile shields are worse than tanks cause they cant shoot
2.)
Aeon has a double early game upgrade and a buffed (maybe midgame) chronodamper soon, so get over it
both Aeon and seraphim have teleporting SACUs btw
3.)
The billy is mainly buffed by reducing the costs so it will actually be lower risk to use it and also it's defended very well by stationary shields, so you just cannot compare that

Conclusion: your post is unviable
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby heelix » 02 Mar 2013, 00:09

Was there any changes to the TML precursor?
heelix
Crusader

FAF User Name: heelix

Postby GallantDragon » 02 Mar 2013, 05:44

ColonelSheppard wrote:1.)
Comparing Billy with restoration field is somehow flawed logic, sorry but this is like saying that mobile shields are worse than tanks cause they cant shoot
2.)
Aeon has a double early game upgrade and a buffed (maybe midgame) chronodamper soon, so get over it
both Aeon and seraphim have teleporting SACUs btw
3.)
The billy is mainly buffed by reducing the costs so it will actually be lower risk to use it and also it's defended very well by stationary shields, so you just cannot compare that

Conclusion: your post is unviable

Ah, thanks. I'm still learning this game, and I'm unfamiliar with Aeon and Sera strategy. Just please be less of a douche when pointing stuff like this out next time.
GallantDragon

Postby ColonelSheppard » 07 Mar 2013, 14:47

havent seen billys in balance testing so far either, setons players, try to use it vs naval production maybe
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby ColonelSheppard » 07 Mar 2013, 22:22

after my first real billy attempt use i have to say: better increase the range by 20% too
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby pip » 08 Mar 2013, 09:04

ColonelSheppard wrote:after my first real billy attempt use i have to say: better increase the range by 20% too

256 range is plenty enough. Keep in mind this ability is much more versatile than regular Tac missiles, because it can be used to kill units (it's very hard to protect a moving army with TMD unless you play with the Nomads).
Even for attacking a base : it's easy to launch a few Tac Missiles and / or use a couple of t3 MML to make sure your Billy will go through and make a hole in the base.

The one thing I would suggest, on top of your changes, would be to increase the NukeOuterRingDamage to 500 (same as ACU deathnuke), because 250 is really like doing no damages at all.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Mar 2013, 08:55

I have played around a bit more with several things and me and my testpartner came to the conclusion that it is good like this, everything that feels strange right now is because of you are not used to the billy, you will be in danger while using it, as you have to move you commander out of the base and cant upgrade shield, but you can deal serious damage for a good price.

- as an enemy you just have to remember to build more than one TMD (as UEF maybe even 3) and as aeon you have to build your PD a bit mroe to the front, consering the costs of a TMD it shouldnt be a big deal
- Navy can easily protected with cruisers and with land, yeah with land you have to watch out, but you should remember that the 12k dmg blast radius of the billy is rather small so if you spread out your army the dmg should be aceptable
- There is not a that big deal if it is 250 or 500 as you wont have much T1 in your armies at that point but i think increasing it by 50, so that it can kill t1 tanks makes it feel a lot better, but again that doesnt make the point
- base atacking is still rather useless, as T3 shields are able to prevent any dmg from a billy, but i think this is also ok, if you have no shields/tmd --> your faul
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Previous

Return to Patch 3622