Buffing the cybran ACU.

Re: Buffing the cybran ACU.

Postby HyperNova » 18 Feb 2013, 06:29

Many of the top pick cybran because they view them as weaker and enjoy the challenge.

For those that don't know, Hypernova = Cybrankiller. He is by far the most unmannered person I've encountered on FAF and has easily the most unwarranted ego. I'm sure many can attest to how virtually everything he says comes off as a troll in some regard.

Yes that's right attack me on these forums, because I'll Kill you in FAF you scared little coward. Whine whine whine. I don't post stupid shit about people on forums-- I just battle them in FAF. Clearly you're the troll. You fluked me 2 years ago. congrats... Also no one really cares but you.

Truth be told, cybrankiller, you have absolutely no concept of balance and the only way for you to comprehend cybran constantly (and ironically) wiping the floor with you is to label them as OP. You are a shining example of clear-cut bias and anyone agreeing with you should probably reevaluate their argument.

Complete Bullshit. Try reading my other posts on Cybran units.

JeeVes. At least I'm not afraid to fight someone FAF. Strangely your so afraid of me, you'll never battle me again. It's because you know I'll kick your ass next time, and forever after that. Take your fluke and the one stupid pic you keep posting, and shove it. You keep bringing up stuff from 2 years ago, how about fight me now with cybran. I swear to god I'll flat out Destroy you... I'm fearless. You seen my rank. I'm better than you in every way. Either fight me, prove me wrong, or STFU and never bring up my name again. Thank you.

Just remember you started this up again, JeeVes. If you beat me (and you won't), you can gloat and rub it in my face.
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby JeeVeS » 18 Feb 2013, 07:10

HyperNova wrote:how about fight me now with cybran. I swear to god I'll flat out Destroy you... I'm fearless. You seen my rank. I'm better than you in every way. Either fight me, prove me wrong, or STFU and never bring up my name again. Thank you.

Just remember you started this up again, JeeVes. If you beat me (and you won't), you can gloat and rub it in my face.

This is just too easy... from 5 minutes ago:
Attachments
647125-IridiumBLOWS.fafreplay
(41.36 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Feb 2013, 08:05

however i cant belive people are playing Cybran only cause of the "challange"
oh oh JeeVes.. i guess somebody forget to read your FAF name :D
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2013, 09:40

HyperNova wrote:Just remember you started this up again, JeeVes. If you beat me (and you won't), you can gloat and rub it in my face.

This is a forum about the patch, not about your little ego and your hate of a faction (show me where the cybran ACU touched you ?).

Don't make me exclude you from the patch forum.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Quarian » 18 Feb 2013, 10:02

With no mobile shields the Cybran ACU is at a bit of a disadvantage. A slight buff shouldn't be entirely out of the question. Stealth mixing is dime and dozen in most matches, but give a shield to a Cybran and everyone is quick to cry 'unfair'. A token buff would reduce the temptation and the dire need, plus I really doubt the extra bomber needed would be truly noticed by anyone.

That said health is only one way of going about it. Cybran units tend to favor high DPS at the cost of health, so bigger fangs is also a possibility, so is a larger intel area. Both of those concepts fit squarely into the faction preferences of Cybran, while also making the ACU just a little bit more survivable.
Quarian
Crusader

FAF User Name: Quarian

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 18 Feb 2013, 10:30

i see it as zock.

as cybran facing an t2+gun sera/uef acu is always hard to counter. whatever you chose you lose - go for gun, the opponent has more hp and will eat you like breakfast - go for t2, the opponent has better pds shields and could rush you because of larger range of his gun he just oc ur pds and their t1 arties are best in game. any way leads to defeat. so with pure strenght of the acu you wont win - like uef/sera could do vs cybran. you really need to outplay an uef/sera player as cybran. (mantis lose 1v1 vs striker and the benefit of speed is not as important as a strong acu - at least on 5x5 maps).

a little more regen would help to have a little chance to survive by going gun as well.
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby ZLO_RD » 18 Feb 2013, 13:10

do not agree, no need to change anything here, but it is still sometimes frustrating to play cyb on 5 km maps, but that almost ok
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby HyperNova » 18 Feb 2013, 13:41

Ze_PilOt wrote:
HyperNova wrote:Just remember you started this up again, JeeVes. If you beat me (and you won't), you can gloat and rub it in my face.

This is a forum about the patch, not about your little ego and your hate of a faction (show me where the cybran ACU touched you ?).

Don't make me exclude you from the patch forum.

Not that I really care, they'll just imba even the game even worse for 3 more months. Your own words said if Cybran's acu gets a buff, You'll may nerf the mantis. The mantis is the problem you constantly ignore. I'll take an ACU buff for a mantis speed nerf any day. A lot of mantis touched me. You'll never fix that ever. Nothing but more buffs. (Also it's BIG EGO*. Not a little at all.)

Page 1:
Ze_PilOt wrote:I'm not against a little regen buff, but what make cybran balanced in 1v1 is the ACU. Without that, the mantis will probably need a nerf.

^^^^^^ What makes cybran imbalanced 1vs1 is the mantis. You just won't say it, but you know it. The acu will never be the problem-- even with UEF's health. I don't need any people I've defeated before bringing up old crap because I said "nerf the mantis if ACU gets a buff" too. I've already beat IridiumBlows anyway. Multiple times, he wont say that tho. He's not even the same person in that pic. I just assumed it was him. If I would have known I've already kicked his ass, I wouldn't have wasted my time typing all of that. Anyway, I don't hate Cybran I just hate people who uses them, and defends their T1 imbalances. I'm pretty sure you'll do like 3 months ago, and just add about 2 un-controversial changes to the game anyway.

Spoiler: show
I just wish you stop being so "Pro Cybran." And YES YOU ARE...

You know fixing their weaknesses. Medusa was shitty cause mantis was so good. You buffed the Medusa. Cybran's shields are crappy. You made everyone's shields crappy. Indirect Cybran buff. Buffed their T2 PD. Buffed their Rhino, "It was too weak." Okay fine. Look at the scathis, OMG Chris Taylor would have never done something like that. I'm just on this 3rd party joyride until CoH2, and few new RTS's come out later this year.

Overlooked: Look how big fatboy is, No massive ability. Look how much UEF's Cyclone misses, no correction. Sera T2 bot get's stuck in the mountains a lot, no fix. Look how crappy Sera's Hover tank is, no buff. Aeon's tech 2 land is horrid, gets ignored, but Cybran gets their stuff fixed the all the darn time don't they? Makes me wanna spit.

+100000. Buff Cybran's ACU HP.Nerf mantis.
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby Eukanuba » 18 Feb 2013, 14:54

Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Postby CokeySmurf » 18 Feb 2013, 15:42

Though I somewhat agree with Zock`s points, I`ll go with option #3:
DONT CHANGE ANYTHING
Cybran is ok as it is (well, maybe if the scathis would be patched back as promised by Mr. Pilot)... It`s just a matter of playstyle. You just have to play different with them.
There has been enough stuff in FAF that made the game much worse than it was back in the GPG times. Leave something playable pls.

@all noobs who think Mantis are too strong:
NEVER POST ANYTHING AGAIN IN THIS FORUM U DUMB RETARDS. (i mean that, bitches!!!!)

than you, much appreciated
CokeySmurf

FAF User Name: TAG-ROCK

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622