Buffing the cybran ACU.

Re: Buffing the cybran ACU.

Postby Zock » 17 Feb 2013, 15:16

first Veterancy:
Example with UEF
1 (20 kills) 13200hp (+1200hp) 13hp/s (+3hp/s)

compared to cybran
1 (20 kills) 11000hp (+1000hp) 18hp/s (+3hp/s)

You notice something?

I suggest following:

Regen rate 18 hp/s

You will need 1,8 Minutes to get more HP then the UEF one. This sounds strong on paper, but raw HP got additional benefits that are expained below. This change is additional.

Veterancy:
Level New Health New Regen Rate
1 (20 kills) 11000hp (+1000hp) 22,5hp/s (+4,5hp/s)
2 (40 kills) 12000hp (+2000hp) 27hp/s (+9hp/s)
3 (65 kills) 13000hp (+3000hp) 31,5hp/s (+13,5hp/s)
4 (90 kills) 14000hp (+4000hp) 36hp/s (+18 hp/s)
5 (120 kills) 15000hp (+5000hp) 40,5hp/s (+22,5hp/s)

Instead 200 HP of UEF Acu, you get 1,5 hp/s more per veterancy (currently you get nothing?!). Before 2,2 Minutes, this bonus will be weaker, after 2,2 Minutes it will be stronger then UEF one on paper. Ingame, imho, the UEF Acu will have even more advantages. I.e. often both ACUs are full HP, and you won't get anything out of your regen, you can bully early with UEF ACU and cybran one must retreat possibly, leaving mapcontrol behind that will give you additional disadvantages in this 2,2 minutes, or i.e. when your commander gets sniped, raw HP can make the difference between win and lose of the game. There is even more, like, a UEF veterancy can make you survive a steamroll of 1 units, a cybran veterancy won't. So i don't think this change will make cybran ACU really strong. It will still be weak and paper. But you can utilize its strenght a little better.
Last edited by Zock on 17 Feb 2013, 20:02, edited 2 times in total.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Feb 2013, 15:25

you want to buff the only thing UEF does better than cybran in?

- Cybran have better bomber
- Cybran have mantis
- Cybran have jester
- UEF have better arty
- UEF have more hp ACU, but no cheap stealth upgrade

many of the good players play Cybran, at least regulary:why exactly do you think the ACU needs a buff?
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Zock » 17 Feb 2013, 15:35

This is the only thing UEF does better then cybran? :shock:

Some examples:
gun + t2 upgrade, shields, perfect with big armies vs big armies, super synergizing t2 with mobile shields, best pd...

Also, the UEF ACU will still be much better.

many of the good players play Cybran, at least regulary:why exactly do you think the ACU needs a buff?

Many good players will also play UEF after the change.

Why it needs a buff?
-Its already weakest ACU by far
-to top that, other factions get additional boni with veterancy, cybran gets nothing.
gg no re

Zock
Supreme Commander

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Feb 2013, 16:47

Zock wrote:This is the only thing UEF does better then cybran? :shock:

T1

and yeah, if some say one is better, and some say this is better it must be somehow balanced, and i do say it is balanced atm so i dont see the need to buff Cybran T1
you can think about buffing later game hp, ok we can talk about that (i'm still against it but i can accept the thought process behind it then) , but Cybran T1 needs no buff
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ionic » 17 Feb 2013, 19:45

Buffing the late game cyb would be bad for team game tele laser snipes.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby Taffy » 17 Feb 2013, 20:31

I don't think cybran needs a buff since they are so strong in t1 with only cybran acu and their arty being weak ( and this has been buffed to also give cybran additional help) As sheppard says cybran have the mantis jester and a t1 bomber is not bad. At t2 they have the best t2 bomber for snipe ( or so i think) the best mml which negates uef or any factions shields. The t2 pd is weak but quick to build which can be extremely useful. Also if the hoplite buff is introduced they get a good range t2 unit. Cybran have benefits and negatives....like all factions.We can't change things too much otherwise we may loose the identity of the faction.
Taffy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: taffy

Postby HyperNova » 17 Feb 2013, 21:30

Okay fine. Slow down the mantis speed by 1, and lower it's HP by 25 then buff the Cybran's ACU. I'm 100% okay with that. ACU buff = mantis nerf. Cybran's tech one is the strongest in the game yet it gets buffed constantly. I really can't stand "Pro's" agreeing to buffing them, and the faction diversity excuse to OP them.

People even trying to buff monkey lord. You can't take away all the weaknesses to Cybran. I don't think you guys get it. Soon I'll be hosting 2v2 or 1vs1 No Cybran.
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby JeeVeS » 18 Feb 2013, 00:52

I would probably vote for Zock's proposition, but it might be wise to just go for the +3hp/s regen for now. I can see how many would be afraid of regen scaling better for cybran with veterancy.

HyperNova wrote:Okay fine. Slow down the mantis speed by 1, and lower it's HP by 25 then buff the Cybran's ACU. I'm 100% okay with that. ACU buff = mantis nerf. Cybran's tech one is the strongest in the game yet it gets buffed constantly. I really can't stand "Pro's" agreeing to buffing them, and the faction diversity excuse to OP them.

People even trying to buff monkey lord. You can't take away all the weaknesses to Cybran. I don't think you guys get it. Soon I'll be hosting 2v2 or 1vs1 No Cybran.

Many of the top pick cybran because they view them as weaker and enjoy the challenge.

For those that don't know, Hypernova = Cybrankiller. He is by far the most unmannered person I've encountered on FAF and has easily the most unwarranted ego. I'm sure many can attest to how virtually everything he says comes off as a troll in some regard. Example:

Truth be told, cybrankiller, you have absolutely no concept of balance and the only way for you to comprehend cybran constantly (and ironically) wiping the floor with you is to label them as OP. You are a shining example of clear-cut bias and anyone agreeing with you should probably reevaluate their argument.
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby Zock » 18 Feb 2013, 02:53

As i wrote i rather don't have the 3 additional hp/s then the scaling with veterancy.

All ACUs get additional boni (hp) with veterancy, only cybran gets nothing. I'd understand that if the cybran ACU would be already strong without veterancy, but as its there the weakest one aswell, this makes just no sense.

Cybran on 5x5 maps got a serious disadvantage because of that. (And no, i wouldn't agree that the mantis makes up for that in any way..)
gg no re

Zock
Supreme Commander

Postby gnatinator » 18 Feb 2013, 06:01

Cybran ACU is badly outclassed for anything but late game. Low HP, can't get gun + T2 like every other ACU, worse regen than Sera, torp upgrade that bugs out.

Of course the Cybran ACU needs an overhaul. It's shit for everything but risky endgame snipes which only noobs are vulnerable to.

[EDIT]

It does look bad ass though.
Economy for New Players | LAN Party List supports the FAF community.
gnatinator

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: gnatinator

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622