Supreme Destruction Update #3 - Ballistic Missile time!

Moderator: RK4000

Supreme Destruction Update #3 - Ballistic Missile time!

Postby RK4000 » 16 Feb 2013, 15:28

As you can tell from the title, this update will add ballistic missiles to your arsenal. Every faction will get some form of ballistic missile (Seraphim might get something slightly diffrent, but having the same effect) and a ballistic missile defense. This is just an announcement, and I will post screenshots and/or videos of the progress on them.

More info on the ballistic missiles themselves:
-They could be considered, basically, something between Tactical missiles and Nukes. They will have a long travel time (longer than nukes, most likely) and a limited range.

-They will be constructed in special buildings, Ballistic Missile Launchers, and there will also be a Ballistic Missile Defense building. (There is still a debate going on wether the Cybran BMD and BML should be a two in one building, but this is very early in the process, so it may change.)

-The missiles will do moderate damage, across a decent radius, and hit their target pretty accurately. Depending on where and what you hit, they may or may not be more efficient than artillery, but the missiles themselves are not free to build, so that should be kept in mind

-The update will also have a restriction in the unit restrictions menu to disable them, for people who just want to play normal Supreme Destruction without the added pressure of a huge explosive missile landing on your ACU's head.

Stay tuned for further updates!
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Re: Supreme Destruction Update #3 - Ballistic Missile time!

Postby AwarE » 22 Feb 2013, 07:13

The anti-TML deflection system on the Cybran T4 Magabot is too good. Shouldn't some missiles get through?

roj

PS: Also I should point out that there is an error with the Seraphim ACU that starts the game with zero mass and energy storage as Sorian Turtle AI.
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby RK4000 » 22 Feb 2013, 15:01

If anything more than two missiles are flying toward it at once, it will only deflect one. It can deflect one every 4 seconds or so, meaning that if you launch anything over two missiles, there will definitely be a hit.

As far as the Seraphim ACU bugging out when being used by Sorian AI, dunno what's causing that, and i don't play with AI enough to be bothered to fix it.
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Postby AwarE » 27 Feb 2013, 07:12

Yeah there were four Aeon TML fully loaded firing at a group of four Megaliths coming in to attack.
Although they were fairly spread out the back two Megalith's anti-TML deflection systems were protecting the front two. So all four tach missiles were defended in each volley that was being delivered at the max fire rate until they ran out of missiles. About 48 missiles fired and only one hit the ground ...and that one was from a 5th TML that landed at about a body length behind the group.

Seems a bit OP to me but I take from what you say that all is as it should.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Return to Supreme Destruction