Counterattack

Counterattack

Postby Iszh » 13 Apr 2014, 10:43

I think there is a problem with the different attack types. While defending i use 0 credits thats ok, while attacking i pay my attack thats also ok. But to do a counter attack is a desaster. I pay for an attack and then i am not charging after defeating the enemy. I think the counterattack should work like an attack on an enemy planet without anybody. Means charging will start after defeating the enemy.

For example:
1. Enemy is charging a planet of your faction 48%/30%
2. You are pressing attack in this charging enemy
3. THe winner will go on charging the planet since both paid for attack

At the moment when winning a counter attack you will simply stop the attack for high cost. It is not in the interest of player activity to make people charging planets which cannot be defended anymore by the other faction completely unattractive to attack. Compared to defending there is a difference it costs but at least should start charging then after winnning. THen it is a real counter attack.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Re: Counterattack

Postby Hawkei » 16 Apr 2014, 02:22

In some regards that is an intended strategic mechanism. For someone who has a level 5 or 6 avatar counterattacking is not profitable. But for a Level 2 or 3 avatar it is. Which means that lower level players can attack unoccupied border worlds with less likelihood of being intercepted by high level avatars.

However, when a high level player is attacking, the counterattack is always worthwhile. Especially if you can make a kill or force auto-recall.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Return to Galactic War