Just a heads up.

Just a heads up.

Postby Turnus » 05 Mar 2014, 22:37

Okay so, awhile back on GW we were dealing with something rediculously annoying. A certain faction had started using a trick to stay alive when the battle was lost. By d/cing manually (probably unplugging router/disabling internet connection) they cause a ping out, allowing them to autorcall before the enemy force hits. For some reason this also seemed to speed up recall for his teammate, as it seemed to continue to charge during the ping timeout. I do not have the logs/replay and the second part is likely my imagination, but would there be anyway to ascertain wether a d/c is intentional or not. Its pretty annoying when your about to get the bonus creds for a kill and then the bugger d/c s and you only get a victory bonus.

Again I know there's alot on your mind, but its something to think about when repairs are finnished.

Edit: admittedly I havent encountered the issue in awhile (4-5 days), hough I havent fought in GW. If you'd like me to i can "try" to digg out my old replay.
Turnus

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Turnus

Re: Just a heads up.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Mar 2014, 09:38

That would be exactly the same time than pressing the autorecall and staying in the chat, because it trigger the exact same function. So not a bug/exploit/trick.
Unless proven otherwise.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Galactic War