Engi reinforcements

Engi reinforcements

Postby buletproof_bob » 12 Feb 2014, 03:11

So now that UEF have enslaved aeon we can get their units as reinforcements. So what if we could have aeon engies as reinforcements, to get access to all their tech on the field.
Could that be an option?
buletproof_bob

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: buletproof_bob

Re: Engi reinforcements

Postby Hawkei » 12 Feb 2014, 04:01

buletproof_bob wrote:So now that UEF have enslaved aeon we can get their units as reinforcements. So what if we could have aeon engies as reinforcements, to get access to all their tech on the field.
Could that be an option?

I think that is exactly the reason why it wont happen. Personally, I would have liked to see the Sparky as a reinforcement - considering it is the signature assault unit for the UEF :) But engineers which can produce tech? Not going to happen.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby buletproof_bob » 12 Feb 2014, 05:53

Also how about SACUs for reinforcements. I just got my 30 victories for the first time, and I can nuke launcher as reinforcements, but no a SACU. (I cant really, it costs an impossible amount of credits, but its on the list)
buletproof_bob

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: buletproof_bob

Postby Hawkei » 12 Feb 2014, 09:12

buletproof_bob wrote:Also how about SACUs for reinforcements. I just got my 30 victories for the first time, and I can nuke launcher as reinforcements, but no a SACU. (I cant really, it costs an impossible amount of credits, but its on the list)

This I would very much like to see. Infact, one idea that I had advocated previously was for high ranking officers to gate in with an SCU "wingman" (either player controlled or AI controlled). The SCU would be a persistant character, and therefore able to be assasinated.

Having the SCU as a reinforcement option would be nice - but very expensive and single use only.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Iszh » 12 Feb 2014, 10:11

A Sacu as reinforcement would be ok but to late to reach anything because it is more powerful then any t3. It can get t2 t3 defense t2 t3 ressources. It is a bit op and to call a single unit after 16 minutes gametime is useless again. So there is no way to find balance for this thing to early or to late and thats a sign better to offer it not at all.

A Sparky thats the same. They are stronger then t3 units on a small map. You could tower your enemy after so short time thats not ok if it gets in with other t2 units. If you will sent it in later it is useless again. Better let the engis stay out of this reinforcement thing.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Return to Galactic War