Auto Recall

Re: Auto Recall

Postby Iszh » 03 Feb 2014, 20:36

Yes but there should be still some kind of system change because the beginners of own faction are now harming the faction. They are all levelling up like crazy even under 1000 rating and are just victims for the enemy. When i come to battle enemies already laughing and without even waiting a fight unpacking 3 harbinger just of beeing bored and having to much credits. There should be some kind of limit also in this way that noobs will be killed sooner or later.

For example an idea is that you can buy auto recall only after a win. when it was used you have to win a game again to be able to buy another. Thats just an exaple because thats a desease those rank 7 noobs.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Ato0theJ » 03 Feb 2014, 20:40

I've posted this in other threads and the only fair way you can scale it for low ranked and high ranked players alike is to scale the cost of the auto-recall. The cost should be 1/2 of your maximum credits. So when you are low rank you can buy much more often, but a high rank player pays as much for auto recall as many t3 units.

After all, an auto-recall is much more valuable to someone rank 7 with 100s of wins than a rank 3 with 12.

Wins are not a good metric because someone with lots of reinforcements can easily get a win or even 3 in a row with little difficulty if they spend a lot on reinforcements. And if that is going to be the case, why not just raise the price of the auto-recall based on rank?
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby Iszh » 03 Feb 2014, 20:56

Increasing the cost will as voodoo explained only lead to waiting, i agree fully that this is absolutely not helpful. I think there is another solution needed for example like i explained above.

p.s. but meanwhile i ve got even better idea.
---------------------------------------------
Next to the win counter should be a counter where also victories are counted with a small difference. This counter works alike credits for ranking up and for autorecall:

With wins this counter rises by 1 like the normal win counter

When ranking up you pay the usual 10 from this counter to level up and not like before from the win counter. If you dont have 10 there you cannot level up. If you level up the 10 will be removed from this couner!

Autorecall is an always active function as long as there is no 0 on the new counter. I will give to the enemy only a bit more credits then normal recall. If you are killed and have still a number on this counter 1 will be removed. An Acu kill brings most of credits.
------------------------------

That means this counter would work alike a life counter where you also have to pay your ranking up from.

1. A bad player losing a lot will never reach the possibility to level up if not using normal recall which costs nothing very careful
2. A good player can die if he is losing to often in a row
3. Maybe there should be a maximum on this counter like 10 so after levelling up you have no autorecall until you gain wins again
4. As long as the value of this counter is 0 and you are high rank play very careful with your acu to use normal recall because losing it will lead to death
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby IceDreamer » 03 Feb 2014, 22:22

Perhaps there should be two types? One, you can buy for 500 Credits, and it will take about 3 seconds to recall you, activating when HP falls below 1000. It only activates within a certain radius of your spawn point. The other, a much more valuable instant-recall which acts like the current one, which you only get from promotions.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby theManfet » 04 Feb 2014, 00:49

I am against a victory giving you autorecall thing. It will make it easier for the good guys to rule over the noobs.
It would turn out to be noob bashing in extreme.
Imho there should be a Chance to kill everybody again. If a top rank is playing dumb there should be an option to punish him.
Part of the fun in the old Galacitc War was going in with a Rank 6 and knowing they would try to snipe you or get scared away.
Not they just get scared away.
For me the whole System could get tossed overboard. If you still want it in some way. Then keep it available for everybody but let the recall set in on 2000 hp and take 2 secs (would need manual option too) or make it so it is only available by pressing the button yourself. Like if you see a TML coming and press the button you are fine. But if you see a boom, well that was your ACU.
theManfet
Contributor

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Manfet

Postby Hawkei » 04 Feb 2014, 01:58

Yes,

Originally I thought that Autorecall was hugely imbalanced. But seeing the huge windfalls in credits I get from forcing auto-recall. It is even sweeter than getting kills. I now think that it is somewhat balanced.

For all intense and purposes I still play just as cautiously even when I have the auto-recall - because I don't like relying on it. I have even joined team games without it when under duress (but usually I'm sweating bricks when I do). Knowing the amount of credits enemies will get (esp. as a high rank) puts a huge price on my head. Although the consequences for me personally will be less dire - knowing how much I've helped the other team isn't a good feeling.

I tend to think that auto-recall is overused by players in the game. The number of times I kill level 2 and level 3 commanders with autorecall is staggering. It is actually a huge waste for a level 2 or 3 ACU to get auto-recall. The whole point of autorecall is for the OCCASIONAL protection of a HIGH VALUE avatar. I think the issue is that players knowledge is lagging behind the meta-game. We need more game time before we can truly start talking about balance.
Last edited by Hawkei on 04 Feb 2014, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby FunkOff » 04 Feb 2014, 02:10

Make it so auto recall doesnt work within 25 distance of another acu. If the acus are too close to each other, the gate mechanism cant differentiate them to obtain a lock.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Szakalot » 04 Feb 2014, 02:11

an alternative is to add some % probability that the autorecall function will fail and your ACU will blow up. Should prevent rank6 ACU rambos.
Szakalot

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Szakalot

Postby Taffy » 04 Feb 2014, 02:30

I think autorecall should remain in some form. Obviously your avatar is important and loosing it due to spawning next to t2 pd or because your teammate or bug or ridiculous amount of reinforcements would be immensely frustrating. I can understand voodoo liking the original gaming style but this still exists. If your forced to autorecall your opponent gains a massive amount of credits. I am loathed to give them such an opportunity and so still play very defensively with my com. Maybe the price should be increased so the chances of killing avatars rise? But 500 credits is still alot considering the choice between that and t3 reinforcements. If your autorecalling constantly then your throwing away credits that could be used on better things. Funks idea is good except for when your com's spawn next to eachother- if you loose your avatar just because you spawn into t2 pd and then the enemy com follows you.
Taffy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: taffy

Postby Hawkei » 04 Feb 2014, 05:26

NOVEL IDEA:

What if the auto-recall system was a one time purchase item. Like a persistent upgrade for your ACU.

- An ACU can only have this system installed when it reaches level 3;
- An Advanced Auto-recall can only be installed when it reaches level 5;
- You can only have one auto-recall system;
- When you use auto-recall you don't loose the system - but it will take 24hrs (real time) to regenerate;
- While the system is regenerating you will not have access to auto-recall.

Normal Recall = Manual Activation, with 12+ sec activation time
Auto Recall = Auto Activation @ 1000HP, 2 sec activation time
Advanced Auto Recall = Auto Activation @ 0HP, 0 sec activation time
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War