Balance number of players on each faction ?

Re: Balance number of players on each faction ?

Postby tdrqwako » 02 Feb 2014, 22:52

Mb make every new player to be sent to random team and then switch factions every new GW "season" while keeping more or less equal player count. Could be fun
tdrqwako
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tdrqwako

Postby Hawkei » 03 Feb 2014, 01:20

Corwin,

What I am trying to say is that several weeks ago the UEF was in a similar predicament. As I have said before, the fate of a faction is very much dependant on those who choose to sign up. You look at the UEF player activity and seem to think that this came about by some chance element. It didn't. It came about through hard work and organisation. It is not an accident.

You have to exercise leadership and motivate people. By creating a cohesive team environment. If you haven't put the same level of work into motivating people, you can't expect your faction to achieve the same results. Being a 2000+ rated player might help you win games. But leading a team requires other skills. As far as I can see, Aeon's lack of activity is due to it's members. So if you wish to place blame start there.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Aulex » 03 Feb 2014, 03:36

Hawkei wrote:Corwin,

What I am trying to say is that several weeks ago the UEF was in a similar predicament. As I have said before, the fate of a faction is very much dependant on those who choose to sign up. You look at the UEF player activity and seem to think that this came about by some chance element. It didn't. It came about through hard work and organisation. It is not an accident.

You have to exercise leadership and motivate people. By creating a cohesive team environment. If you haven't put the same level of work into motivating people, you can't expect your faction to achieve the same results. Being a 2000+ rated player might help you win games. But leading a team requires other skills. As far as I can see, Aeon's lack of activity is due to it's members. So if you wish to place blame start there.

Most of the aeon leaders quit
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Ato0theJ » 03 Feb 2014, 05:37

See, I remember a while back, the UEF was getting demolished by both the Aeon and Cybran in the north. We focused much more on trying to take the middle and push everyone back while staging proxy attacks on the edges vs the other 2 factions, while they pinched the UEF to death.

Then all of a sudden the UEF absolutely exploded, it wasn't a coincidence. I didn't see UEF players complain in chat or on the forums. They just came out of nowhere and started kicking ass, hell they even started pushing us back. I've had a few really good matches vs Aeon players, but there simply isn't the effort being put in and no randomization of players can fix that.

Would I mind playing as cybran and spamming medusas and calling in wagners and loyalists? Would I ming playing UEF and kiting coms with mongese and shields or using percies? Would I mind having an ultra cheap aeon t2 mobile shield to keep my com safe and harbies to help build early game?

No, but being separated from the teammates that I have played with for almost a month now would really suck. We might not have the leadership that the UEF has, or the amazing loyalists, but when I PM someone that is online and not in game- they say yes to teaming up more often than not even though I may not be highly rated or in their clan. Playing with top 10 players is really cool for someone nowhere near that level and I don't ever feel like I screwed something up and get called a noob. Maybe the other factions are like that too, but I'm not willing to risk it.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby IceDreamer » 03 Feb 2014, 05:52

I agree with the above. For me, the absolute most brilliant thing about the GW experience is seeing old-hat veterans of mediocre skill such as myself, brand new players, top rated players, team-game only players, 1v1 only players, all working together as a cohesive team. Everyone from the worst to the best has something to contribute, people are rarely left behind if they don't want to be, and absolutely everyone can be part of some amazing games of SupCom, no matter how much or how little they contribute IN that game.

Moreso than any other mode in ANY other game I have ever played, GW pulls the community together and gets them to work as humans, not internet douchebags. Congrats to PilOt for a genius idea :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Iszh » 03 Feb 2014, 13:45

I have to admit here that i already recognized this problem, when uef was killed in the last universe because of inactivity. Thats why i asked for giving % to players defending. It happened and now --> basically 1 Player can defend several players in a row and get back % with this. So after win he gets % and losing on another planet % while fighting. Changing the target in next battle will stop this attack and bring back %. This is reducing not much but a bit the effekt of mass players attacking. More bonus cannot be granted because somehow one faction should be able to win a universe. At least with this condition like now a good player can kick away several beginners and can prevent this way losing planets alone against more players.

That people cannot chose the faction anymore would only scare away most of players because i have my templates only for uef so how to play seraphim or aeon, i dont want to built for 4 hours templates again :?

A limiting Player number is exactly the same. It limits the overall player number of gw since people who want to play a faction which is full cannot join gw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only solution i see is that for example the faction with lowest ammount of planets will get back double % when defending sucessful. With this the most weak and demoralized faction could survive much longer when defending the last planets and maybe even survive. If this would be added to all factions the effekt is clear it is simply increasing strongly the resistance of planets and will make borders moving much more slow. Planetary defense would bring much more than now. I personally think it is good for only the faction with lowest ammount of planets. Would be in fact very nice because their planets would be quite hard to conquer if anybody fights them. To grant it all factions woulmd make gw to slow. The system like it is now is great. Or maybe even the better option is to fix it to an ammount of planets. If a faction will have less then 15 Planets they get "Last stand bonus" and get double % back when defending. It s not to strong but at least motivates a defeated faction to fight in the end.

Advantages of "last stand"
-Motivation higher to defend the last planets
-Factions will not be so easy deleted
-Planetary defense brings much more in this condition

Disadvantages
-Could take more time and efforts to kick a faction from the map

Example:
When Aeon defending now a 1v1 battle sucessful not only getting 5% back but 10%.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Hawkei » 03 Feb 2014, 14:23

Iszh wrote:... i have my templates only for uef so how to play seraphim or aeon, i dont want to built for 4 hours templates again :? ...

Building templates does not take 4 hours if you do it within infinite resource, cheats enabled, spawn SCU's, and run game at +10
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Iszh » 03 Feb 2014, 14:43

Of course i am using cheats for templates i make paragon and sacus. Still "ALL MY" templates take 4 hours if not more. :mrgreen:
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Dragonfire » 03 Feb 2014, 15:59

Iszh wrote:Of course i am using cheats for templates i make paragon and sacus. Still "ALL MY" templates take 4 hours if not more. :mrgreen:

With GAZ_UI you must build the template only once :D
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Gerfand » 03 Feb 2014, 17:55

We could at least use the something to calculete the skills, like what Zero-k Planet Wars have:
http://zero-k.info/Planetwars
Gerfand

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times

Previous

Return to Galactic War