Becaons

Becaons

Postby VEGER » 01 Feb 2014, 06:17

So, for the reinforcement beacon, how do they work?

Do they work when you use a UEF drone to build one? Mine seem not to when I do this.

Do they work if you send in your reinforcements out of order? I.e. you send in wave 4 or 3 before 1 or 2?

Any info on this would be helpful.

I've tried a sneak attacked based on beacon reinforcements, and it didn't work. I don't know why. It wasn't even the case that my time needed to run down either, all had run down.

Do tell.
VEGER

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: VEGER

Re: Becaons

Postby Ato0theJ » 01 Feb 2014, 10:54

VEGER wrote:So, for the reinforcement beacon, how do they work?

Do they work when you use a UEF drone to build one? Mine seem not to when I do this.

Do they work if you send in your reinforcements out of order? I.e. you send in wave 4 or 3 before 1 or 2?

Any info on this would be helpful.

I've tried a sneak attacked based on beacon reinforcements, and it didn't work. I don't know why. It wasn't even the case that my time needed to run down either, all had run down.

Do tell.

Well, only the commander is supposed to be able to make the beacons. The drones may be able to make them too because their blueprints are based in the commander's.

You can call them out of order.

If they don't come it was either shot down or bugged. Explain more of what happened.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby VEGER » 01 Feb 2014, 18:54

And yes, I do know how to spell BEACONS.

I just don't know how to proofread.

Sheesh!!!
VEGER

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: VEGER

Postby FunkOff » 01 Feb 2014, 23:53

I agree, I have a serious problem with bacons.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Hawkei » 03 Feb 2014, 01:28

UEF rover drones have the build pattern for the beacon. However, when built the beacon is non functional and I can understand perfectly well why this is the case.

If this is the intended behaviour, the beacon should be removed from the rover's build palette to save confusion.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Ato0theJ » 06 Feb 2014, 00:17

Hawkei wrote:UEF rover drones have the build pattern for the beacon. However, when built the beacon is non functional and I can understand perfectly well why this is the case.

If this is the intended behaviour, the beacon should be removed from the rover's build palette to save confusion.

If I am right and the rover just copies what unupgraded com builds that would mean reworking the drones blueprints. I don't think that is worth the effort considering how seldom rovers are used and how it isn't gamebreaking, only a mild inconvenience that will only screw up a player once.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby Hawkei » 06 Feb 2014, 08:23

Ato0theJ wrote:
Hawkei wrote:UEF rover drones have the build pattern for the beacon. However, when built the beacon is non functional and I can understand perfectly well why this is the case.

If I am right and the rover just copies what unupgraded com builds that would mean reworking the drones blueprints. I don't think that is worth the effort considering how seldom rovers are used and how it isn't gamebreaking, only a mild inconvenience that will only screw up a player once.

It is actually a common tactic for UEF commanders to use rovers. Some maps are particularly good for this. I do commonly get queries about the rover not being able to build a functioning beacon. It is a mistake players only make once (just like getting auto-recalled during a rover rush). A players whole strategy could be based on getting the rover in position for a close reinforcement spawn. Only to discover it doesn't work.

It is a minor inconvenience. The basic principle is that a structure which serves no purpose shouldn't be on the units build palette in the first place.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Return to Galactic War