Suggestion: The Spectator Element

Suggestion: The Spectator Element

Postby Hawkei » 31 Jan 2014, 06:56

Hello,

This is not a bug report or a balance suggestion. After having played GW for a bit now I have noticed that there are some features which could really make the game more enjoyable for those not directly involved in battles. As you can appreciate, players in galactic war spend most of their time sitting on the GW page charging planets. While they wait for a battle to occur.

Ususally, we will be chatting to other team members and formulating strategies. Or having general conversations on faction based tactics. Listening to music, surfing the net and watching youtube videos. Or studying, or cooking, or cleaning or doing other things while we wait for battles to happen.

However, while we are waiting on the GW page, it is quite possible to have other team members engaged in active battles. It would be really nice to:

1. Have the friendly defenders names appear on the planet popup when our team is defending or counter-attacking;
2. Have some access to our teammates GW replays;
3. Be able to watch the live replay when our team member is in a battle;
4. Have some form of status indication panel to indicate who is doing what, and who is inactive, and who is available for reassignment;
5. Have some way to identify which avatars belong to which players.

I'd put all these in the "Nice to Have" category. There is nothing here which is game breaking or essential.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Re: Suggestion: The Spectator Element

Postby Ze_PilOt » 31 Jan 2014, 09:10

That would be the intelligence tab.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Suggestion: The Spectator Element

Postby Hawkei » 02 Feb 2014, 18:38

Awesome. I'm assuming then it is a work in progress.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Return to Galactic War