Major Bug - I want my character back!

Re: Major Bug - I want my character back!

Postby FunkOff » 22 Jan 2014, 19:44

Ze_PilOt wrote:I can't confirm what you've said looking at your logs.

I see FunkOff going into a game and reporting you as dead.

The game launched for me, but as soon as it started, the other two players disconnected (and eject screen showed up) and after I ejected them the game was over.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Jan 2014, 19:49

IceDreamer wrote:I zipped the whole folder...

Just DLed and checked it, game.log is inside, 55,230 bytes. What do you mean I didn't provide it...

EDIT: Dammit, I see now, the Cybran guy didn't give you a game.log. I'll get him to go find it if he can.

The game DID launch correctly, as in forgedalliance.exe DID launch, but it took me to the main menu instead of the Setting up connection/setting up automatch screen I usually get. I never saw that. Can your server side logs, or even these logs, tell the difference between main menu launch and matchmaking launch?

Also what do you mean FunkOff reported me as died? Where does FunkOff come into this?

Again, I can't confirm that seing your logs. You've connected without trouble to other players, and the map launched. Maybe you've crashed after, but I'm 100% sure you had the connecting screen.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby IceDreamer » 22 Jan 2014, 20:12

And I'm 500% sure that I didn't, so either your software has a hole in it or I'm lying. Since I know I'm not lying that leaves only one conclusion. I even got the whole Gas Powered Games and THQ intro on game launch, you know, the logo videos? As though it had been launched via the exe, but I wasn't touching the keyboard at the time.

FunkOff, were you tagging along with po5tal, with him as the group leader? He told me the person he brought to the fight was an 800 rank player, not someone capable of utterly roflstomping me :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Gorton » 22 Jan 2014, 21:47

Can this be a case of funkoff and po5stal trying to fight IceDreamer at the same time (both are cybran), causing bugs?
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Jan 2014, 21:55

No idea.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkOff » 22 Jan 2014, 22:01

Ze_PilOt wrote:No idea.

Until we figure out what the problem was, can you make auto recall work server-side too? As in, if the player dced or whatever, they are still protected for any battle.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby bouznak » 22 Jan 2014, 23:57

It happened to me the same thing than IceDreamer a few hours ago. I squad up with a team-mate who has launched an attack on planet 106. When the automatch screen disappear, instead of starting the game with my acu on the field, I was sent to the main menu of FA.

A couples of minutes later, when my former team-mate won the game, my avatar (rank 4) was declared died and I had to pick a new one !

Very strange bug and very very annoying :(

PS : Ze_Pilot, except that bug, I really enjoy your amazing work and GW. Thanks a lot, the dream is becoming reality.
bouznak
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BC_bouznak

Postby IceDreamer » 23 Jan 2014, 14:21

A bit of clarification since I have managed to replicate the Main Menu part twice now. I think it's a problem with the map on planet 106. These times, I got the connecting screen, then loaded main menu. Have not yet had my avatar die, but the main menu thing is odd.

Yup, this is replicable. Defending 106 1v1 = Main Menu every time for me.
Attachments
logs.zip
(32.66 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Previous

Return to Galactic War