[Suggestions]- Eco, "unlock Tree", ETC

[Suggestions]- Eco, "unlock Tree", ETC

Postby Gerfand » 22 Jan 2014, 02:36

Before I get FA(F), I play a Star Wars game called Empire At War - Force Of Corruption(it expansion), and the game have a Galact Conquest, that is like a GW, but only for 2 players...

and there some Ideas that I would like to steal from that game...
Note* puting some of those Ideas in the GW can cause a bit o Imbalancing (1*- and 3*- are examples)

1*- Eco- like the Zero-K planet Wars Eco, but w/ uses like build units and buildings
of course 2 resource(Mass and Energy)

2*- Unlock Tree- not a Tech tree, but something like:
-I need to make a T-2 PGen to run my shield so I can't make the shield before the PGen, and I can't make the PGen w/out a T-2 eng so I need to make a T-2 Factory.(need 1*-)

is like what happens in a match but put in the GW level

3*- Front Lines Defences and Proxy Factories- in EaW, you could make TurboLaser Defences that are placed in some strategic positions, and bigger planets can hold more than smaller ones
EDIT* some of the buildings can be placed in the Main Base, like PGens
exemplo para o ZE.PNG
exemplo para o ZE.PNG (22.36 KiB) Viewed 5262 times

4*- Raids and Attacks- if chose raid one commander get on the planet, and he can do every thing like a attack would be able to make, but if he kill all enemy commanders he will not get influence to his faction, and the recall is cheaper
the Attack is the gameplay that happens now...

5*- Commander Housing- the commander get on a planet instead of being able to travel all the galaxy in one click, and he will not be able to reinforce areas that aren't connected to the planet that he is

6*- Rebellion- if two or more commanders of the same faction get in the same planet, they can rebell against theirs master, and if they won the battle they get a bit of influence of the planet and get free(need 5*-)

7*-Quantum NetWork- if the enemy take on a planet you can destroy the Quantum Gate of the system slowing the enemy, but of course w/ a cost, and the faction needing to have a percentage of influence (which is lost, and the commanders who are on the planet are taken to the next planet (see 5*-))

EDIT*
8*- Probes/Satelites reveal the map before the attack for the next N* Battles(Defender Player don't need those), also show if the enemy have Defence on the planet

Note* the Third suggestion is better for big / assymetricals, but can work on a Winter Duel if balanced
Last edited by Gerfand on 25 Jan 2014, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.
Gerfand

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: [Suggestions]- Eco, "unlock Tree", ETC

Postby FunkOff » 22 Jan 2014, 14:51

"front line" defenses probably won't be possible because there's no way to calculate good places to put them. I could run a script to put them between the player and one of his enemies, but they could end up on mountains, under water, etc. I mean... this might be surmountable, but it'd require a ton of work and would probably only work "okay". You do it :P
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Gerfand » 22 Jan 2014, 19:05

FunkOff wrote:"front line" defenses probably won't be possible because there's no way to calculate good places to put them. I could run a script to put them between the player and one of his enemies, but they could end up on mountains, under water, etc. I mean... this might be surmountable, but it'd require a ton of work and would probably only work "okay". You do it :P

well, what I think first would require some Hard Work... I mean test map by map...
Gerfand

Postby Wild_Green » 25 Jan 2014, 16:08

@ FunkOff, is that possible to make Player get into map each time when he but defence, and place it manually in the range of no rush area?
Wild_Green

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Wild_Green

Postby Gerfand » 25 Jan 2014, 19:11

if we use Wild_Green Idea(that is cool) I wolud like to use Bigger areas if the maps are 10x10 or bigger
Gerfand

Postby Wild_Green » 25 Jan 2014, 19:18

reather leave it way it is for 10 and decrease for 5/5 :P
Point of defences is not to secure half of map from beginning. That would be too huge advantage.
Wild_Green

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Wild_Green

Postby Gerfand » 25 Jan 2014, 19:35

sorry but I don't remeber the Range of no Rush...

of course I don't want to have a PD in the Middle of the map, but in certain maps I would like to have the PD outside of my base, sometimes on the front of some Mexes...
Gerfand

Postby Ato0theJ » 26 Jan 2014, 03:55

How about just within the commanders build range at the start of the game? It won't be far enough away to make a huge difference, but you'll also be able to make sure they aren't in your way.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby Gerfand » 26 Jan 2014, 04:35

Ato0theJ wrote:How about just within the commanders build range at the start of the game? It won't be far enough away to make a huge difference, but you'll also be able to make sure they aren't in your way.

this is what I am trying to take of the GW, it is already in Com Build range...

My suggestion is to make the PD on the front line, where the fight will happens, like if was a defensive fire base where I can retreat my units...
also this would make the player a need for Scout to see where is the PD (also see 8*-)

if you see the first strat on GW w/ PD/Arty was to reclaim it and get the mass
Gerfand

Postby Hawkei » 30 Jan 2014, 03:50

I'm not really sure that I like the idea. The only way to do it properly would be to revise all the maps with named regions. This would require a lot of work to implement. It just isn't practical.

I'd imagine if you made it formulae based. A weighted average position could be used. Eg.
Code: Select all
Defence location centroid X = (3*PlayerX + 2*Sum(AllyPlayerX) + Sum(EnemyPlayerX))/(3+2*NumAllies+NumEnemies)
Defence location centroid Y = (3*PlayerY + 2*Sum(AllyPlayerY) + Sum(EnemyPlayerY))/(3+2*NumAllies+NumEnemies)

However, these formulae could put the defences anywhere. Whether it be on hils or in water. I don't agree with this solution.

The existing approach, of using defences to protect the spawn site, has tactical merit. Because, it gives your ACU a safe location to Recall. It also protects your initial base from early raids. Usually you only need one or two... Loading a base with massive defences is a waste of credits.

The only modification I would like to see is division of these defences between the ally spawn sites on team maps. So, for instance, if you place 3 AA turrets on a 3v3. Each of the players on your team will start with an AA turret in their base. This would be a much better solution IMO.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Next

Return to Galactic War