Faction Change

Faction Change

Postby Fordeka » 21 Jan 2014, 05:40

When I chose my faction I didn't think to coordinate with friends so now I'm in Cybran and don't know anybody- I was wondering if I could get a faction change to Aeon in order to play with them. Also, it's my birthday if that helps with your decision.

Thanks.
Fordeka
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Fordeka

Re: Faction Change

Postby Kulu » 21 Jan 2014, 12:12

Fordeka wrote:Also, it's my birthday if that helps with your decision.

Thanks.

:D

I also want to know if you can change your race. For example can you pick your race each instance of GW? So if one race wins the galaxy and the whole thing restarts, then you can choose again?
Kulu

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kulu

Postby Iszh » 21 Jan 2014, 12:33

I think yes after a galaxy restart you can change otherwise it is not possible at all (i was able after the restart to chose again). All tries except waiting, either with pm or here in forum are only annoying for zep i guess :D
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby errorblankfield » 21 Jan 2014, 12:43

Aren't there a million 'this is a permanent and can't be changed mid-game' warnings when you choose a race?

Just wait till next round and kill your friends in the mean time.

Please don't make zep any crankier than he totally isn't.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby Aurion » 21 Jan 2014, 12:44

I think the intent is to never be able to change faction with your account. I think it might be a good idea to give you 1 faction change within 1 week of joining Galactic War for the first time though (for example if you made the choice lightly or want to play with friends).

Might also have a new choice if it goes live, just like Alpha -> Beta.
Aurion
Priest

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: NuclearPudding

Postby Hawkei » 21 Jan 2014, 18:43

I disagree. The moment you join Galactic War, you enter the faction specific chat channel. Thereby gaining access to conversations, tactics and team members. Changing factions would be a betrayal of that confidence. Once you have access to faction specific information. That's it. You can't go back.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Fordeka » 22 Jan 2014, 01:51

I'm kind of skeptical about there being any really sensitive data going through the factions channels at this point plus you could just ask someone you know in faction x what's going on or simply make a new FAF account to check. I think concerns about faction changing all the time are valid though- yes it would be stupid- but like other games there could be a time limit put on it and a price attached. For all the value I've gotten out of FAF I would gladly fork over $25 or so for a faction change with a timer of a few months put on my account before I could change again- then everybody benefits.
Fordeka
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Fordeka

Postby Hawkei » 22 Jan 2014, 01:58

Fordeka wrote:I'm kind of skeptical about there being any really sensitive data going through the factions channels at this point plus you could just ask someone you know in faction x what's going on or simply make a new FAF account to check. I think concerns about faction changing all the time are valid though- yes it would be stupid- but like other games there could be a time limit put on it and a price attached. For all the value I've gotten out of FAF I would gladly fork over $25 or so for a faction change with a timer of a few months put on my account before I could change again- then everybody benefits.

I would only consider it if he wanted to join the UEF :)
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Aulex » 22 Jan 2014, 02:02

The fact that i stream half of aeon chat means there isn't much sensitive data going around, it's pretty obvious who important people are and what are the goals of each faction. I'd say let a player change faction within the first few days of joining so they could correct a mistake
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby errorblankfield » 22 Jan 2014, 11:11

I guess I'm just a mean person cause if the sign says no switching till the game is over.... I think it should mean no switching till the game is over.

And paying for an advantage over the rest of the community? That's just asking for trouble.

Now a solution I can get behind is running a few games of GW in parallel. As in having different universes each with a game of GW that you can participate in. I don't wanna break up the player base or anything, but one really long game (like we have now) with a couple of much (much, much...much) smaller galaxies would be pretty cool. Wanna test a new race? Go to the other universe and bam. For reference, if the current map runs for about a month. The other maps could aim for a runtime of a week or less. (Heck if it's popular enough there can be even longer/shorter matches lying around).

Any who, you get the point. Lower the pressure/penalty of the main game with some parallel ones.

Which actually solves a problem with new GW players (like myself) who don't know if they can commit to an epically long game enough to make a positive impact.

Just a thought.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Next

Return to Galactic War