Long battles/multi battles

Long battles/multi battles

Postby FunkOff » 21 Jan 2014, 00:55

It's hard to say, but it seems like most of the time when you attack, the charge counter keeps going and if you win the attack, however many 100% on the charge counter, you get that influence. So if a battle takes 20 minutes and it's a 1v1, you get 5% for the win + 10% for two charges (1 every ten min).

That's great.

But when you defend or counter attack, because you have no charge counter it seems like it doesn't work the same way.

I just had 2 aeons attacking planet 856, a UEF planet, so I attacked them. 46 minute long game and I won. There two two of them so I should have gotten 10% from that, and their charge counter had to have been above 400% or even 500% if they had some time on it when we started (and accounting for minor lag). So I should have gotten 10% for beating two enemies and +25% for the charge counter, so +35% influence. Instead I get 5. :-|
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: Long battles/multi battles

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Jan 2014, 00:57

Defending only stop the attack.

I think there is a 5% bonus for the effort but that's it.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkOff » 21 Jan 2014, 01:36

Ze_PilOt wrote:Defending only stop the attack.

I think there is a 5% bonus for the effort but that's it.

It wasn't a defense, it was a counter-attack... uef owned the territory.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby FunkOff » 21 Jan 2014, 01:40

Also, because you have to spend money you counter attack, your counter attack should continue after the battle if you win (right now it ends as if it were a defense.)
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby Iszh » 22 Jan 2014, 12:50

counter attacks are in general not useful thats true. i am higher level and to attack i need a hold attack not to waste hills of credits thats normal. for defending i need nothing. but when i do a counter attack on a planet with lower then 50% of our own occupation i pay credits and know i will neither get the credits back nor a useful % since the timer is running for the first attacker.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Hawkei » 22 Jan 2014, 19:12

The utility of counter-attacking should have been factored into your decision to counter-attack in the first place. Counter attacks are for Privates, and Corporals. Not high ranking officers with high attack costs. It is actually a really neat game mechanic. If means there are situations where high level officers can't attack.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Return to Galactic War