Re-Spawning

Re-Spawning

Postby IceDreamer » 20 Jan 2014, 16:36

So at first I thought that you had to be very careful, that if you died in a game that was it for you until the map is reset. Apparently though, when your character dies, you start again as a level 1 character...

This, to me, is silly. It defeats the whole point of the war because a Kill barely means anything, and characters are throwaways. I think it should be a case of one character per FAF account, and if you die, that's game OVER. With the addition of auto-recall, this is actually fair, because dying requires a pretty serious miscalculation now. If you don't want to do this, then I suggest a Kill is rewarded much more heavily, say with instant 100% influence, or a promotion for the player with the killing blow. Otherwise it will slowly drag out to become many, many level 1 characters who just continually respawn. Doesn't strike me as in the spirit of GW, that doesn't.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: Re-Spawning

Postby pip » 20 Jan 2014, 16:41

If your intent is to reduce the GW player base to a handful after one week, then that's the way to go.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby IceDreamer » 20 Jan 2014, 16:46

If it means the game length is reduced a bit and people are more careful, I don't think that's going to be the result.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Bartok » 20 Jan 2014, 16:55

at higher ranks dying really hurts.
Bartok
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Bartok

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Jan 2014, 18:12

me, funkOff and VoR_Tex all won over 100 games before we died actually

play carefull
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Szakalot » 20 Jan 2014, 18:23

Im all for rewarding kills; but don't punish the victim!

Players who are most likely to do are also the least experienced ones and therefore the majority of potential playerbase.

Rewarding kills more is a good idea, I like the 100% influence idea especially.
Szakalot

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Szakalot

Postby FunkOff » 20 Jan 2014, 19:49

I agree with both sides: Players should really be punished for dying, but death should have some kind of meaning.

Ideally, depots will help solve this, perhaps by introducing some kind of limit to how many ACUs a faction can produce. If noobs are exploding left and right, it makes sense that the faction is going to run out of ACUs.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby ZLO_RD » 20 Jan 2014, 20:09

Szakalot wrote:Im all for rewarding kills; but don't punish the victim!

Players who are most likely to do are also the least experienced ones and therefore the majority of potential playerbase.

Rewarding kills more is a good idea, I like the 100% influence idea especially.

I am absolutely against that, there are billion of noobs that do not care about their avatar and do not know how to recall, OR they are rank 1/2, and they do not know that i get huge reward for killing them OR sometimes they do not even care that i get rewarded cause they do not care about gw that much

so i think killing should not be rewarded (imagine FFA game, if you attack some one, it only hurts both of you), maybe just a little bit reward is nice... in current balance killing is only way to get many credits as it seems to me... not sure if that is good or not

pрl try to kill somebody cause they want credits, not because they want to reduce amount of enemy t3 reinforcements and pds and ect ect
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby IceDreamer » 20 Jan 2014, 20:27

Having played a bunch more games I have also decided that Auto-Recall is bullshit. If I got your ACU down to 0 HP you are DEAD and you deserve to be DEAD. It shows poor judgement and poor play from your side if that happens, there's almost always plenty of warning before you die that things aren't going great, and Recall doesn't take long. I'd like it removed, adjusted, or made much, MUCH more expensive.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby ZLO_RD » 21 Jan 2014, 01:16

so you want to play without acu at all? only crazy or nooby will use acu in that case
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Next

Return to Galactic War