Re-Spawning

Re: Re-Spawning

Postby Ato0theJ » 21 Jan 2014, 03:03

ZLO_RD wrote:
Szakalot wrote:Im all for rewarding kills; but don't punish the victim!

Players who are most likely to do are also the least experienced ones and therefore the majority of potential playerbase.

Rewarding kills more is a good idea, I like the 100% influence idea especially.

I am absolutely against that, there are billion of noobs that do not care about their avatar and do not know how to recall, OR they are rank 1/2, and they do not know that i get huge reward for killing them OR sometimes they do not even care that i get rewarded cause they do not care about gw that much

ZLO is right, if noobs would cost you the entire planet by losing then the faction with the fewest rookies would win. Sabotaging a faction would be easy too. Personally, I'd like some sort of badass kill counter. Maybe an avatar with the amount of kills your character has to date (maybe ever per faction). Like a bragging point, unfortunatly you can't scratch kills into your commander or get him to wear a jacket with the kills patched in.

Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby Hawkei » 21 Jan 2014, 06:06

IceDreamer wrote:Having played a bunch more games I have also decided that Auto-Recall is bullshit. If I got your ACU down to 0 HP you are DEAD and you deserve to be DEAD. It shows poor judgement and poor play from your side if that happens, there's almost always plenty of warning before you die that things aren't going great, and Recall doesn't take long. I'd like it removed, adjusted, or made much, MUCH more expensive.

I agree with this. With Auto-recall only costing 500cr higher ranked ACU's are untouchable. There is, I think, a consensus that Auto-recall should get more expensive the higher you go in rank. This is a balance change and is on Ze_P's to do list. Ze_P has already asked that balance discussions wait until after the bugs have been fixed.

Ato0theJ wrote:Personally, I'd like some sort of badass kill counter. Maybe an avatar with the amount of kills your character has to date (maybe ever per faction). Like a bragging point, unfortunatly you can't scratch kills into your commander or get him to wear a jacket with the kills patched in.

GW does have a kill counter (of sorts). Its called a rank. However, it is more profitable for players to conceal their abilities rather than to boast in them. Which is why players often don't rank up when they could.
Last edited by Hawkei on 21 Jan 2014, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Ato0theJ » 21 Jan 2014, 08:24

A rank 5 player would have 40 kills or none at all; rank hardly shows off the conquests of a character.
Ato0theJ
Contributor

Has liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: AJ

Postby Hawkei » 21 Jan 2014, 08:50

Ato0theJ wrote:A rank 5 player would have 40 kills or none at all; rank hardly shows off the conquests of a character.

Conquest is not a simple one dimensional parameter in GW. One could simply measure kills, as you suggest. But I could simply choose to spend my time picking off noobs with their level 1 and level 2 ACU's. Alternatively I could assassinate major targets such as level 3 of level 5 ACU's. The number of kills doesn't necessarily reflect the number of victories either. Some victories are won due to the enemy recalling. Others are would be ACU kills. Denied by use of the auto-recall system.

A simple kill counter has no greater relevance than the victory score. Which we currently have - and upon which the rank system is based.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby cataclysm315 » 23 Jan 2014, 14:20

I think that permanent death is a little harsh in this instance as it will reduce the player base a lot and very fast. Maybe if we just had an hour cool down timer to stop people from just instantly re-spawning. That way you can take out that great player for an hour and enjoy a bit of breathing room. I dont know if this is added yet, but i think we also need team balancing. Just in case one faction gets all the players.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."
cataclysm315
Crusader

Location: United Kingdom, England, Nottinghamshire, Mansfield.
Has liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Cataclysm315

Previous

Return to Galactic War