GW update 0.10.104 wrecked my Windows OS

GW update 0.10.104 wrecked my Windows OS

Postby Pierto » 18 Jan 2014, 01:21

Since the latest GW update, I'm unable to boot my Windows 8.1 OS. I never had any problems before, but now my PC shows a critical error '0xc000000e' and the famous blue screen (yes it still exists).

I know what some of you will say: "this has nothing to do with FAF, Windows just sucks". However, some googling told me that this error is caused by "incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry". And I got this error right after I rebooted because of the last FAF upgrade.

I can't get you any log files because I can't boot my computer anymore. So this is just a 'heads up', that there may be something seriously wrong with the GW code.
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Pietros

Re: GW update 0.10.104 wrecked my Windows OS

Postby Aulex » 18 Jan 2014, 02:21

Did you try reinstalling faf?
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Nombringer » 18 Jan 2014, 04:59

How is he supposed to re install faf if he cant start his computer? xD

That's like asking a dead person if he can pull the bullet out of himself
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby FunkOff » 18 Jan 2014, 05:04

If windows 8 doesn't start because of that kind of problem, you need to contact microsoft support, because that is shitty. (Or you can boot from a disk and try that!)
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Aulex » 18 Jan 2014, 06:51

Nombringer wrote:How is he supposed to re install faf if he cant start his computer? xD

Safe mode
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby rootbeer23 » 18 Jan 2014, 07:49

Aulex wrote:
Nombringer wrote:How is he supposed to re install faf if he cant start his computer? xD

funny. half of the answers on the MS support forum came from people who didnt undertand that either.

Safe mode

that means press F8 after the BIOS started.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Jan 2014, 11:58

Pierto wrote:I know what some of you will say: "this has nothing to do with FAF, Windows just sucks". However, some googling told me that this error is caused by "incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry". And I got this error right after I rebooted because of the last FAF upgrade.

GW doesn't add more in the register than FAF already did. And nothing was added in the last update.
Also, I don't add anything in a strange place, it's easy to remove and the installer is supposed to clean it when you remove it.

I'm pretty sure it's not related to FAF, I follow MS recommendations to the letters.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Pierto » 18 Jan 2014, 15:40

When I say wrecked, I mean really wrecked. Forget about safe mode and all that. The only thing I can still access is my BIOS and that's about it. Since my PC did not come with an installation disk and I did not burn recovery images, I'm pretty much screwed...

Reminder for everyone: make a recover disk.

I guess it's back to the good old Windows XP :)
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Pietros

Return to Galactic War