GW feature wishlist

GW feature wishlist

Postby Szakalot » 07 Jan 2014, 14:04

I'd like to make a thread dedicated to piling up all the small/big features people would like to see added to GW, I'll be updating the list as suggestions come along.

Let me be the first to say that project like GW is extremely impressive and its truly amazing that it went so far past the 'i have a cool idea stage', and that no sane person would expect any such features be implemented while bugs are roaming around and basic functionality is still added.

That shouldn't prevent anyone from indicating what cool ideas could be implemented to GW in some undetermined future. Regardless of any of them actually getting into the game : )

Feature wishlist:
-Manual : some basic explanations of all the GW features, rules & differences from normal faf games.

- Planet history: more detailed information regarding any single planet on the GW map. Statistics on wins/loses on the planet (or all planets with the same map). Results of the last 5 (or more) games, with direct links to replays. Occupation history.

- Planet map details: Is the map 1v1, 2v2, etc.?

- Search for planet numbered X: points it out on GW map

- Strategic planets: planets that generate credits for whichever faction holds 100% occupancy over them, planets that provide discounts for reinforcements, planets that decrease the costs of attacks, etc.

- Commander history: statistics on wins/loses (escapes), amounts of credits spent, etc. - particularly nice if you can go through the list -the commanders from your faction and see who is noteworthy

- Commander experience: 1 veterancy level for X ranks (4/5?) automatically given at the beginning of each game.

- More strategic features for the GW map: cutting off a planet from the network would make it bleed occupancy, planet reinforcements that do not translate to in game changes, but affect the GW map itself (increase/decrease the length of charging an attack, increase/decrease the credit cost needed to attack, etc.

- Special abilities that can be temporarily activated. E.g. 'power attacks' - X times more credits are spent on an attack resulting in a higher influence on the occupancy results. Surely a rank 8 commander could provide a more significant victory for their faction, than a lousy rank 1.

- (Nightstorm2516) - add a list of all currently attack-able planets

- Add a list of all active (attacking/defending) players from your faction - preferably with details as to what is being attacked/defended by them (this question pops up in the chat every 5 mins)

laPPen
- commander veterancy – upgrades to coms on start
- extra life/emergency recall (prevents avatar from dying)
- something to do within GW while charging attacks
- Strategic planets – additional features to a particular map
o being able to build pds/factories/powerplants/mexes before the game starts
o “Homebase” – one per player, on a planet of choice – start the game with a pre-built base. Possibly connected to commander veterancy (need to develop your homebase before a particular upgrade is available)
o special units as reinforcements (blacktOP)

Wild_Green
- 1v1 maps playable by more players (ACU reinforcements)
- Placing Planetary defences by the players + walls as additional defence type

Firewall
- Custom designed home planets for the factions last stand.
- Deploy the defensive structures evenly at all of the spawn sites of one team.
- Include an SCU as a persistent reinforcement.
- Team Display

I'll be adding & updating ideas as they come along. So: wish away!
Last edited by Szakalot on 10 Jan 2014, 15:45, edited 6 times in total.
Szakalot

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Szakalot

Re: GW feature wishlist

Postby Szakalot » 07 Jan 2014, 14:04

booking some space
Szakalot

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 Jan 2014, 14:37

Most of it is already planned.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Szakalot » 07 Jan 2014, 14:40

Good to know i had decent ideas : )
Szakalot

Postby Golol » 07 Jan 2014, 15:25

- Strategic planets: planets that generate credits for whichever faction holds 100% occupancy over them, planets that provide discounts for reinforcements, planets that decrease the costs of attacks, etc.

something like this would be strategical buildings.
they cost credits like planetary defenses and take some time to be built (because they are big)
then they give helpful passive buffs for your faction.
there should only be 1 or two "slots" for something like that on a planet and for more strategic value you shouldn't be able to decide which building to build on a planet but some planets would maybe enable building X and another might allow building Y.
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 Jan 2014, 15:31

Search this forum for "depots".
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Szakalot » 07 Jan 2014, 19:52

I've added some additional features to the wishlist:

-Manual : some basic explanations of all the GW features, rules & differences from normal faf games.

- Planet map details: Is the map 1v1, 2v2, etc.?

- Search for planet numbered X: points it out on GW map
Szakalot

Postby Szakalot » 07 Jan 2014, 20:39

More ideas:

- (credit to Nightstorm2516) - add a list of all currently attack-able planets

- Add a list of all active (attacking/defending) players from your faction - preferably with details as to what is being attacked/defended by them (this question pops up in the chat every 5 mins)
Szakalot

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 Jan 2014, 20:56

No manual until GW is finished. It's useless to re-write everything on every update.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby laPPen » 08 Jan 2014, 13:48

Some more ideas:

-enhancement of commander veterancy ideas: Allow to buy upgrades for your commander and let him spawn with them. they could be incredible expensive and only be available on certain ranks, like cybran tele laser upgrade only available for the supreme commander

- 1 extra life or emergency recall, charging once a week. when you die you keep your avatar but be carefull the rest of the week when you die again its gone.

- a meta game to play while you wait for an attack to launch. the wait time between the fights are very boring some times it would be cool to have an occupation while u wait
some sim city base building:leading to next idea:

Strategic planets:
- beeing able to build more but pds on planets you own, factories, power plants mexes...
- or a "homebase" for every player, chose one planet spend your credits and build a base there. if u fight on that planet you start with your base, could be only available on core planets of a faction. this could be connected with commander upgrade idea like following: i want my avatar to stpawn with gun upgrade, but in order to buy that for my com i need power production on my planet. depending on my powerincome this upgrade takes a few hours or several days... i think u got the idea
-owning certain planets alowing to call in blackOP units as reinforcements, having some kind of special building(that takes a few days to complete) established for your faction could be needed first.
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Next

Return to Galactic War