GW feature wishlist

Re: GW feature wishlist

Postby Hawkei » 19 Jan 2014, 12:02

I had some further ideas. Which is related to my idea of the SCU character as a persistent reinforcement. Which is that the SCU not be made player controlled. Instead, it must occupy one of the player slots on the map, and well lead a Sorian AI controlled Army.

The SCU would hold the rank of Private and be capable of attacking planets independently. It couldn't lead/create a squad, but, would be able to join a squad created by anyone on the team. Hence, the level 7 or level 8 commander could assign a Sorian AI to attack independently, assist another player on his team, or alternatively to act as a personal vanguard when attacking alone.

The SCU character can't recall and when killed would be deleted from the players inventory. I think this is a possible avenue for adding value to higher ranks.
Last edited by Hawkei on 19 Jan 2014, 13:34, edited 2 times in total.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Szakalot » 19 Jan 2014, 12:04

Thats sounds like a too ambitious of a project. Hundreds of maps unoptimized for the AI, and you have to code in special behaviours for when to try to recall the SCU.
Szakalot

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Szakalot

Postby Hawkei » 19 Jan 2014, 12:10

Szakalot wrote:Thats sounds like a too ambitious of a project. Hundreds of maps unoptimized for the AI, and you have to code in special behaviours for when to try to recall the SCU.

The SCU would need to be purchased (just like Auto-recall). But the SCU will not have recall functionality. It will fight to death. If it is killed, it will be lost.

If it were to recall, I would recommend it do so only after the last friendly ACU is gone. But for a solo AI mission vs human, I'd expect the SCU to fight to the death.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Ze_PilOt » 19 Jan 2014, 12:16

It's nice to have wishlist, but you have to realize that the only things that will be in are depots, game-enders, nomads and the intelligence tab, and it's done.

I've a roadmap and I won't add any other feature to it.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Previous

Return to Galactic War