GW feature wishlist

Re: GW feature wishlist

Postby Wild_Green » 08 Jan 2014, 21:42

Lately im being bit disturbed by one thing, i really wish to play gw with friend(s), but almost every map here is a 1v1 one.

So, my wish:
- Is it possible to make 1v1 map playable by more players? When 1 player is spawning and another could come to game after a delay , just like any other reinforcment group? or call and ally as reinforcment group? Or it is not possible to have player in-game without spawning acu at 0.00 sec?

edit:
And something that was partly mentioned before, but:
Planetary defences, at least for now works pretty poorly, since they all spawn in 1 pleace, and besides possibility of reclaiming them, they has practicly 0 impact on the game.

So again, my wish:
-Add the possibility of decidding by urself, where to put defences, area of decision could be limited for ex. to a standard no rush area. That could make them more important and more intresting aspect of the game.
Following: adding walls to defences list. Ex. 15 wall sections to put at once for 50 cr. If it could work like that u could just order all things u would like to build, go to planet and place everything u ordered.
Last edited by Wild_Green on 08 Jan 2014, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Wild_Green

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Wild_Green

Postby Ze_PilOt » 08 Jan 2014, 21:52

No.

More teams maps will come when the map testing team is finished.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Hawkei » 09 Jan 2014, 07:32

1. Custom designed home planets for the factions last stand.

These maps should be a large 4v4, 5v5 or perhaps even a 4v6 defender/attacker map. With designed, pre-built, defender allied, AI controlled defensive base. Located in the middle of the map. Equipped with PD, AA, SAM's, T2 arty, Shields and T3 Power. The defenders starting positions are located around this base and the attacker will spawn from starting locations on the perimeter.

The AI ally in the middle will be equipped with a faction specific game ender. Which will be enabled after a countdown timer. As well as a Quantum Gate which could function as a defence object.

To balance the defenders advantage, that attackers will be numerically superior. The defenders will also have their recall abilities disabled. They will be forced to stand and fight.

2. Deploy the defensive structures evenly at all of the spawn sites.

Make additional turrets more advantageous by increasing their coverage area to 2nd and 3rd spawn sites. Which actually makes it more feasible for a single player to defend them all.

3. Include an SCU as a persistent reinforcement.

Available to only the highest ranked of players. This unit will spawn - and assuming it survives, will continue to remain within the players inventory.

4. Team Display

It would be helpful to see team members availability and squad organisation. It would also be nice for a player to be able to click on a squad and request to join that squad. The squad leader should be able to accept or deny that player. Or disable requests.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Szakalot » 17 Jan 2014, 23:58

I saw a very good point being brought up today.

The gameplay on GW is a way too slow.

Especially now that the map got extremely huge, I don't think that big sways of power is a bad idea. It will provide a lot more variety to the situation on the board.

Personally I'd like to see a 5x time increase in the % difference from attack and loss, up to 25%. 4 successful attacks would thus render one planet fully occupied. Naturally, influence over time that is present at the moment would have to adjust this 4-step occupancy. (this also provides more clearcut ideas for the future as far as depots, tech advancement of reinf. etc.)

If there is concern for abuse of particular times of day when most of players are inactive, several limits can be imposed on players, e.g. higher credit cost of attack, or a maximum amount of attacks that can be done (could be reset by being contested, i.e. an opponent actually showing up for a fight).

I expect such a change to bring more players into GW. I found myself and others switching to other types of FAF gameplay, ladder or custom, simply because charging an attack can be incredibly slow, and doesn't result in a tangible difference, unless one is prepared to sit for hours. Therefore its more comfortable to await for an opponent charging an attack instead - allowing you to proceed to the game itself quicker.
Increasing an influence of a single win/loss will make winning battles more rewarding,
Szakalot

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Szakalot

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Jan 2014, 00:07

Balance will be done later, such discussion is useless currently.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Szakalot » 18 Jan 2014, 00:11

Sure,

however, if you want more players to join into GW fun already now, you could implement it : )
Szakalot

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Szakalot

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Jan 2014, 00:13

I don't really want more players in at the moment. It's not finished.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Pope_Melvin » 18 Jan 2014, 13:09

Somewhere for players of a certain rank to post strategic plan, eg 'Attack planets ****' or 'push on depot ***' (when implemented). Would also mean that killing a highly ranked enemy would disrupt their organisation.

A list of all current players in each faction. Then you can see how you rank within your faction. If visible to all, could incorporate some sort of bounty system, whereby you offer credits to anyone on your team who can kill someone (who has defeated you several times, or someone of a high rank). Would be fun to see how much bounty you can get on your head.
Pope_Melvin
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Pope_Melvin

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Jan 2014, 13:39

Most of what you are saying is already planned. Search the forum first.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby abculatter_2 » 19 Jan 2014, 03:09

The ability to join with another in an attack without having to form a squad.

EDIT: Also, make all planets that are bridges between star clusters have a max team size of more then one, to make taking them over more of an epic affair then just 1v1s
abculatter_2

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Abculatter_2

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War