Galactic War Nickname is random? Topic is solved

Galactic War Nickname is random?

Postby HunterFrenzy » 05 Jan 2014, 19:20

I went to make a Galactic War account and I got to the bit when you choose a Faction and then FAF bugged out and shut down. When I reloaded FAF and went back to Galactic War, it came up a box saying a random name and a option to randomize it or accept it. In the end I just clicked accept because I gave up trying to find a good name and it gave me a random name I didn't want.

I was wondering if you are meant to get to choose your own name and it just bugged out for me (if so is there a way for me to change it because I don't like my name?) or you are meant to get a random name and I'm just being Stupid? :D pls help
HunterFrenzy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HunterFrenzy

Re: Galactic War Bugged  Topic is solved

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 Jan 2014, 19:23

You are given a generated name. It's not a bug.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Galactic War Bugged

Postby lextoc » 05 Jan 2014, 19:23

HunterFrenzy wrote:I went to make a Galactic War account and I got to the bit when you choose a Faction and then FAF bugged out and shut down. When I reloaded FAF and went back to Galactic War, it came up a box saying a random name and a option to randomize it or accept it. In the end I just clicked accept because I gave up trying to find a good name and it gave me a random name I didn't want.

I was wondering if you are meant to get to choose your own name and it just bugged out for me (if so is there a way for me to change it because I don't like my name?) or you are meant to get a random name and I'm just being Stupid? :D pls help

You're just being stupid hehe. No joke xD But still, it's supposed to be random so you'll have to deal with that :)
The shutdown was because of a server restart, they are getting announcement with big font in every chat window
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Re: Galactic War Nickname is random?

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 Jan 2014, 19:25

Also, please don't use generic title like "Galactic War bugged".
You firstly assume it's a bug while it's not, and it's not descriptive at all.
It's really not helping when I'm searching back for bugfixing.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby HunterFrenzy » 05 Jan 2014, 19:28

oh ok, aha sorry for being an idiot :D and yeah sorry I shouldn't of name it that :/
HunterFrenzy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HunterFrenzy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 Jan 2014, 19:30

No problems, welcome to GW :)

Don't hesitate to report anything strange, I prefer false-positive than non-reported problems!
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Return to Galactic War