Map Testing Thread.

Re: Map Testing Thread.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 01 Mar 2014, 11:19

The google doc is still incomplete, and a total mess.

I've asked for 2 colors (green/red), now I have light green and other color I don't know about, some maps are green while the comment say that the spawn are not right,....

And after months, all maps are not tested, and it was just the first batch.

I need that list clean and complete.

So don't bother with the nickname of the guy who should test the map and please test them.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Dragonfire » 01 Mar 2014, 15:53

I fixed my "wrong color" entries and removed my legend ...
sry I had forget it ...
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Deering » 04 Mar 2014, 04:20

Whats the go with maps that have units disabled like nukes, paragon, sat etc?
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby Rogueleader89 » 04 Mar 2014, 12:20

Testing a bunch of these, going to see if I can finish another chunk of the list later, but a few questions come up..

I assume we don't care if the ingame minimap works for the map or not? Do you want testers to comment on its working/not working regardless? (I've been marking maps with bad minimaps as perfectly fine if nothing else is wrong with them, but commenting on them in additional comments)

Should we consider cross positions on 4 corner style maps to be messed up spawns? (been considering these as such in my own testing)

Do you want us to leave our name if we test the map? I notice the tester column isn't editable so it uses up an extra column, and if we should leave our name then perhaps open up that tester column to be editable? (I'm currently leaving name in the H column in most cases)

and lastly a suggestion to simplify future map issues that crop up in galactic war (and stop a lot of comments here about bad maps using planet number..); how about putting the name of the map directly on the info displayed when you hover over a planet in galactic war? Would make reporting bad maps that slip through the cracks a bit easier.
Rogueleader89

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: JadeXyan

Postby Deering » 04 Mar 2014, 12:52

Wow, just saw how many maps you tested today rogue. Great work
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby Rogueleader89 » 05 Mar 2014, 10:00

Deering wrote:Wow, just saw how many maps you tested today rogue. Great work

eh its a simple task, just time consuming, would go pretty fast if we had a dozen or so people working on it. Got another bunch done today, going to start running out of time to do this in the next few days but less than half the list left now (not including the people who ignored the red/green mark instruction, not sure what to do with those, could retest them or try to interpret their comments i guess), hopefully we can finish it up before the end of the week.
Rogueleader89

Postby Rogueleader89 » 06 Mar 2014, 16:57

Sorry for the double post here, but map testing is complete, me and Deering just finished it up, assuming we don't have to go and retest the maps people didn't follow the red/green instruction for (I think its safe to assume that yellow is equivalent to red).
Rogueleader89

Postby Dragonfire » 06 Mar 2014, 17:14

I have no idea, how to create a minimap ...

THERE IS A VAULT PROBLEM!
e.g. Jacks Mini-Arena

Vault say: v2 ...
If you download it you get v1 :(
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6927#p68123
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Hawkei » 08 Mar 2014, 09:11

I've implemented a series of fixes for maps where the only issue is wrong starting locations. I've saved the new versions as .0002 (or whichever number comes next).

Question: should I clear the Red boxes in the google doc when it is done?
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Hawkei » 08 Mar 2014, 12:17

Sorry for the double post. But some of the map spawns create some odd balancing situations. The convention I have used is as follows:
- If the map has planar symmetry consecutive slots will be facing;
- If the map has rotational symmetry consecutive slots adopt the rotationally symmetrical positions and do not face;
- In 2v2 Maps team mates are on the same side, and not diagonally opposed (to prevent imbalance in the 2v1);
- In 4v4 Maps where players occupy the corners and the sides, teams are diagonally opposed and in clusters of two.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War