Map Testing Thread.

Re: Map Testing Thread.

Postby Axle » 03 Jan 2014, 11:31

I'm not sure which maps you want me to test. I see in the document there's a bunch with "Alex" next to their name, but some one else has started testing them. Should I just block out a random bunch of maps and put my name "Axle" next to them?
Axle

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Axle

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jan 2014, 11:43

If you did not registered to the map tester group, you are not part of it.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Alex » 03 Jan 2014, 13:35

I am alex lol thats my forum name and i am registered so therefore i did test some maps :D
Alex
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Reyzor121

Postby pip » 03 Jan 2014, 13:54

The spawn points are very easy to fix, it's a matter of changing army names numbers until you have a proper layout. You can then check if the new army numbers are correct just in the lobby by choosing the max numbers of players an see if they are in proper teams. They will be displayed in the map preview. But launch it after you made the modifications, to see if everything is in order.

As for map world borders, it cannot be fixed easily : it requires an editor and I believe the map has to be significantly redone and retested. The easiest ways to fix this issue are :
1) remove all maps that don't work with world borders, but that's quite a lot, probably between 30 and 50, among which some are good (some are not so good, so it's not an issue to remove them)
2) find some way to force 'display world borders off', or make a warning for every GW players to set this option off before launching GW.

A third option could be to discard the not so good faulty map and ask a map maker to fix only the good ones, if it's something that can be done without too much hassle.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Arcayan » 03 Jan 2014, 20:39

Where can I download the maps I'm responsible for? I can't find the files...

~Arcayan
Arcayan

FAF User Name: Arcayan

Postby errorblankfield » 03 Jan 2014, 20:58

Does finding if all the mexes are build able entail sending an engy to all of them or 'if you can create a build order it's fine' deal?
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jan 2014, 21:04

Arcayan wrote:Where can I download the maps I'm responsible for? I can't find the files...

~Arcayan

There are in the map vault.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jan 2014, 21:05

errorblankfield wrote:Does finding if all the mexes are build able entail sending an engy to all of them or 'if you can create a build order it's fine' deal?

Yes. But you can use the cheat at speed + 10 :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Arcayan » 03 Jan 2014, 21:09

Ze_PilOt wrote:
Arcayan wrote:Where can I download the maps I'm responsible for? I can't find the files...

~Arcayan

There are in the map vault.

Where is the map vault? The link I found on the website for the download doesn't work (HTTP 404 not found)
Arcayan

FAF User Name: Arcayan

Postby rootbeer23 » 03 Jan 2014, 21:11

errorblankfield wrote:Does finding if all the mexes are build able entail sending an engy to all of them or 'if you can create a build order it's fine' deal?

if the template is green the mex can be built, if its red i can not. you dont actually have to build it.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War