New game mechanic : Influence.

Re: New game mechanic : Influence.

Postby LetMeCangels » 06 Feb 2014, 12:22

i can confirm this.
I saw this happening shortly after i gained 50,1 % of a planet and then attacked an adjacent planet. But suddenly my attack was canceled because the planet lost influence.(sorry i don't know the planet anymore)
LetMeCangels

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: LetMeCangels

Postby IceDreamer » 06 Feb 2014, 18:55

From what I've seen, it's based on neighbouring planets with >50% influence.

So a Cybran planet with 2 Cybran planets and an Aeon planet next to it will be stable for Cybran influence.
A Seraphim planet with a second Seraphim planet, a UEF planet, and a neutral planet (Neutral = globally hostile) will lose influence fast.

Basically, I think that if hostile neighbours > friendly neighbours = influence drops.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby El_Zinkovich » 06 Feb 2014, 19:13

LetMeCangels wrote:But suddenly my attack was canceled because the planet lost influence.(sorry i don't know the planet anymore)

I honestly dont believe you. Attacks have never been cancelled in such cases...
El_Zinkovich
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sulo » 06 Feb 2014, 19:54

El_Zinkovich wrote:
LetMeCangels wrote:But suddenly my attack was canceled because the planet lost influence.(sorry i don't know the planet anymore)

I honestly dont believe you. Attacks have never been cancelled in such cases...

I had that yesterday, attack was not canceled per se but if you stop it you wouldnt be able to launch another one.

IceDreamer wrote:From what I've seen, it's based on neighbouring planets with >50% influence.

(...)

Basically, I think that if hostile neighbours > friendly neighbours = influence drops.

For now I concluded that if faction has less than 50% of links their influence drops.
Planets with 2 links to 2 diffent facitons will be stable for both of them as they both have 50%.
Sulo

Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Sulo

Previous

Return to Galactic War