Reinforcements

Reinforcements

Postby Nombringer » 25 Jul 2013, 04:42

Currently its possible to get a titan in under 2 min on a small map..... Maybe its time to have a look at the times for rienforcements in GW
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Re: Reinforcements

Postby Swkoll » 25 Jul 2013, 04:44

Totally balanced lalallalla
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby Nombringer » 25 Jul 2013, 06:12

I hear by present my evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcDwORmFF-o
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Jul 2013, 07:47

Balance will be done in beta.
Right now I want error reports.

But I want to state, once again, that GW games are not supposed to be balanced, but fun.

A player with reinforcements should have the upperhand on a player without anything (and that player should recall quickly). So maybe 3 min is too fast, or not.
The other player could have planetary defenses or a loyalist (same price).

And before making fun of the "balance" (again, there is none so far, just random numbers to test functions), I hope you realize that it's actually the first thread giving feedback on the function itself after 3 weeks?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Nombringer » 25 Jul 2013, 13:00

I understand that it is not balanced yet, I'm just bringing it to your attention, was I wrong to do so? Looking at the thread now I can see how it can come across as a bit of a troll and I'm sorry for that. However, although this is balance I think this may be one of the things to take a look at now, due to the fact that it can be rather game breaking in my opinion.

And for reference I spent my credits on a T2 pd, instead of reinforcements, so we had roughly the same amount of credits on the field.

In regards to to the player with reinforcements having the upper hand, I agree. But I titan on that map before minute 5 is a free win. While its true that it is possible to get your own reinforcements, one must rank up to do so, and these ranks take time. I would rather fight an uphill battle, than an impossible one.

Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Jul 2013, 13:08

You will be able to buy units for another player, so even rank 0 can have reinforcements if they communicate (that's the point of the ranking and the limitation : forcing people to talk to each others and collaborate).

The current time is probably a problem, I've asked for a general math rule in another thread and I had no answer, so I've put the easiest rule to test. (time = tech level * 0.66 if I remember correctly).

Feel free to propose another formula for computing each unit time from blueprint, I can easily change it server side for testing.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Nombringer » 25 Jul 2013, 13:46

Ze_PilOt wrote:You will be able to buy units for another player, so even rank 0 can have reinforcements if they communicate (that's the point of the ranking and the limitation : forcing people to talk to each others and collaborate).

The current time is probably a problem, I've asked for a general math rule in another thread and I had no answer, so I've put the easiest rule to test. (time = tech level * 0.66 if I remember correctly).

Feel free to propose another formula for computing each unit time from blueprint, I can easily change it server side for testing.

Ah, that sounds like a great idea, I did not realise that, sorry, obviously we are limited by the numbers of players here.

Ill run some formula's through my head overnight and see what I can come up with.

Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Postby FunkOff » 25 Jul 2013, 21:03

Reinforcement delay should be ticks equals mass cost x 2. Striker takes 11 sec, pillar 40 sec, titan about 100 seconds..... maybe x 3 would be better lol
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Golol » 27 Jul 2013, 00:49

how about seconds equals mass cost divided by (10 [random number]*tech lvl) squared?
more expensive units would be less viable than cheaper units.
a titan would be seconds = 840/30 squared = 13 mins (quite high)
a atriker would be seconds = 50/10 squared = 25 secs (okay)
as a result higher tech units wouldnt have to cost more since theyll be deployed around the time when theyre not op.
unfortunately you would have to wait 70 hours for a monkeylord...
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby RoundTabler » 27 Jul 2013, 01:06

You could do a decay function, where the increase in time needed is decreased as mass cost goes up.

Golol wrote:how about seconds equals mass cost divided by (10 [random number]*tech lvl) squared?
more expensive units would be less viable than cheaper units.
a titan would be seconds = 840/30 squared = 13 mins (quite high)
a atriker would be seconds = 50/10 squared = 25 secs (okay)
as a result higher tech units wouldnt have to cost more since theyll be deployed around the time when theyre not op.
unfortunately you would have to wait 70 hours for a monkeylord...
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Next

Return to Galactic War