Bug Allowing me to change Factions? Topic is solved

Bug Allowing me to change Factions?

Postby Astrofoo » 21 Jul 2013, 22:41

So I logged in to GW earlier today and when I did it ran the intro video and basically did what it does when you first join. So I decided to take this opportunity to switch from Seraphim to Cybran. Upon doing so I was assigned the rank of Node(I guess since I was Rank 2 as Sera) but my name stayed the same. It is now Node Huh-Ohoususs. I also am now playing as a cybran commander...

I also got to keep my victory count, and my credits.

Logs below.(I think these are right, tell me if not. First time doing this....)

Edit: I am also getting this crash when attempting to use the reinforcements menu.

**FAF Username:** Astrofoo911

**FAF Version:** 0.8.57

**FAF Directory:** C:\ProgramData\FAForever

**FA Path:** C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance

**Home Directory:** C:\Users\me\Documents

**Stacktrace:**
{{{
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "galacticWar\reinforcements\reinforcementitems.pyc", line 308, in processReinforcementGroup
File "galacticWar\reinforcements\reinforcementitems.pyc", line 41, in addGroupItem
File "galacticWar\reinforcements\reinforcementitems.pyc", line 98, in __init__
KeyError: u'XSL0201'

}}}
Attachments
forever.log
(147.51 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
"So now everything without a shield is gonna die, and everything with a shield is gonna die a little later." -TA4Life on the Mavor
Astrofoo
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Astrofoo911

Re: Bug Allowing me to change Factions?

Postby Nombringer » 27 Jul 2013, 12:37

Was using an application with FAF running in the background. FAF told me it lost connection, so I restarted it and got the account creation screen for galactic war again, I probably could have done what astrofoo did and changed factions, but I just cancelled out of it.

http://pastebin.com/WZgUWAfE (forever.log)

EDIT: Should also mention I had a few games repeatedly cancel on me before this
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Re: Bug Allowing me to change Factions?  Topic is solved

Postby Ze_PilOt » 11 Aug 2013, 15:07

Ok, the missing info that allowed me to debug was that you lost connection to the server and didn't relaunch the lobby itself.

Shoud be fixed.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Galactic War