State of GW and next weeks planning.

State of GW and next weeks planning.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Jun 2013, 10:54

Alpha is slowing coming to an end. Here is what's left :

- Adding an auto-recall if the ACU doesn't move for 20-30 seconds into the game.
- Adding units & building reinforcements (unlike planetary defenses, they will come by transport) interfaces.
- Adding "power ups" : More health for ACU, auto-recall (0 seconds) if health < 1000 HP at first.
- Fixing the replays, hiding "real" nicknames,adding the live replay mode by double clicking on the planet directly.

These will be done this week (hopefully).

Then I will let you test all this for a week or two, while I will work on debugging the remaining stuff and on the introduction video.

Then will come the closed beta phase (so in 2-3 weeks).

The first thing will be to check the definitive map design.
Once the look is locked, we will tweak the values and conditions for capturing a planet (ie. progressive capture over time).

This step will also implement the definite rules for the money and ranking system :
- Some planets will allow you to win more money for your factions -the plan is to make it depend of the numbers of links-
- decreasing item costs depending of you owning some planets.
- decreasing/increasing ranking depending of the ranks in the faction (if the faction have a high amount of low ranked players, higher ranks requirements will decrease).

I will then implement the planets themes and lock the map pool for these themes.
All this will be done with your help.

Finally, I will implement :
- The end of faction/end of game conditions : Slave system, game enders, ..
- Tweak the reinforcements/rankup/..values.
- the rank 7-8 powers - 7 will allow the player to buy stuff for any other players (so you can buy high end things for a noob), 8 will be able to control the game ender and publish things on the intelligence page.
Basically, rank 7 and 8 will be responsible of the "faction bank". Players will put money in and they will manage it to buy stuff where it's needed.
Eventually (I'm not sure it will be implemented), they will be able to "sponsor" an attack : they give an order to a player, if the player follow it and win, they both gain a bonus. If they don't follow the order or lose, a malus.
One of the idea is that it will come in the form of some missions available in the intel tab (created by spending the faction money). They will have rank restrictions, and objectives (like "destroy the planetary defenses and recall", "hold at least 10 minutes",...).

Also, and that is planned, you will be able (any rank), to make some head-hunting : You put some money to kill a particular avatar. The money is lost if it's another faction killing it, and there is a time limit on it.

At this point, the game will be opened for everyone.
There will be a final step of debugging, and the implementation of some trivial features (intel page stats, guessing on other factions avatars, cemetery for dead avatars, ..).
Also adding planetary defenses options, that are not standard FA items, like full radar coverage for free for your faction,..

Some extra features will come after that, but no ETA for them. Can actually be sooner or later. Take them as bonuses I find fun to do.
- Nomads reinforcements.
- Special home planets events.
- Special game modes.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: State of GW and next weeks planning.

Postby FunkOff » 10 Jun 2013, 11:11

You didn't tell me you wanted Nomad reinforcements, lol. The way I wrote it, it shouldn't be too hard to add... it just won't work with what I have now :-p
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby pip » 10 Jun 2013, 11:21

There is no need to work on Nomads reinforcements before they are officially a part of FAF, which should happen next month, I hope.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby ColonelSheppard » 10 Jun 2013, 11:42

the autorecall if you dont move is a very good idea
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Nombringer » 10 Jun 2013, 11:48

Looks great! One question though; Will games with more than two players be implemented?
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Jun 2013, 11:50

Yes. The whole code is already ready for that, I need to make the multiplayer planets and the interface.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Nombringer » 10 Jun 2013, 11:52

Ze_PilOt wrote:Yes. The whole code is already ready for that, I need to make the multiplayer planets and the interface.

Zep you make me happy.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Jun 2013, 11:57

The plan for this is like everything else : you have to be careful.

If the map is a 1v1 map, no problem.

If the map can be a 2v2 or 3v3, then more than one ACU can defend or attack, unrelated to the amount of players already on it. So if you go alone, you can eventually face 3 ACUs.

There will be (cheap) planetary attacks to lock the planet to 1 or 2 ACU only. (but eventually some upgrades to unlock it for defense).
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby xAx-VulKaN » 10 Jun 2013, 14:59

so if the code is written for 2v2 n 3v3 when will it be implemented cus its not on your list ??
xAx-VulKaN
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: xAx-VulKaN

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Jun 2013, 15:08

Somewhere during the beta. Not sure yet.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Galactic War