Potential for victory and credit abuse

Potential for victory and credit abuse

Postby Tex » 06 Jun 2013, 08:31

Me and Anaryl thought up a way for people to use a few loopholes with a friend to get lots of credits and victories for a avatar. We tested this briefly, and it worked. This idea I game up with after something similar happening on the Aeon front unintentionally.

Step one: Get a friend on a different faction in Galactic War.
Step two. Have friend attack one of your planets that you have a >50% control over.
Step three: Have your friend immediately uncheck the 'Available for playing' box.
Step four: Defend your planet for a free win and credits.

If two people spend about 15 minutes uninterrupted, they could rank up as much as 20 times each, with max credits.

A longer way to do this is have a friend attack your planet, then recall as soon as you are in battle, but this takes longer and I'm assuming leaves a obvious replay evident trail.

I would like to see this fixed before the game goes out of alpha, It would defeat the purpose of having a high ranked avatar if you could just re-level one in about 10 minutes. I'm not sure about how you could go about fixing these, so if anyone has any ideas...
"It doesn't matter if you win or lose, just that you play a beautiful game."

My channel --POV gameplay-- http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfEJdmVXE6jBSuMEezEldQ
Tex

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Tex

Re: Potential for victory and credit abuse

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Jun 2013, 09:12

The only sensible fix I see is to remove any gain if a game is not played.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Zock » 06 Jun 2013, 10:53

I don't know, i think you can see it in the server logs when someone does this too often, could you maybe make yourself some warning message for it and ban whoever abuses it?

Else i'd like it more if all atacks just go to second in command when you are not aviable for playing.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Jun 2013, 10:55

Zock wrote:Else i'd like it more if all atacks just go to second in command when you are not aviable for playing.

Immediately ? Would be annoying no ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Galactic War