Attacks and Defence [Con'td]

Attacks and Defence [Con'td]

Postby Anaryl » 05 Jun 2013, 14:19

Some issues I've noticed with attack and defense recently.

[*] Often people aren't syncing their connects - so one person will d/c/cancel automatchas the other one is readying up or only just search for/asking for a game.

[*] It's horribly stacked against newbies. Right now, after a couple of defeats, you are still stuck to do any anything. You say this is a good thing, but keep in mind people are going to be up against pros, so they will either wait around to defend and get owned again, or log off/play ladder.

[*] Second in command doesn't seem to give the person who takes the attack any funds, so givng out attacks is pointless

[*]If you recall you lose all of your attacks, but if you cancel, you only lose the one (eventually, if they persist with out GW bugging out). If you lose a defence your attacks are fine, but if you lose an attack all your other attacks are gone?

[*] No way to earn more money, each attack costs as much as it rewards, meaning you only win risking your avatar (often against somone better) this means pros are rewarded faster, as they can turn planets over and force planet turnover quickly. If your avatar isn't dead, the opponent can often buy upgrades, further skewing the favour.

[*]

Some improvements to attacking/defending could be:
[*] Make attacking a planet you have occupancy on free.
[*] Victories should gain more than they cost, regardless of hwo the outcome is achieved.Killing an acu might earn more credkts than the other player recalleding, in tunr more than just grinding down the province, but thisshouldstill allow the player to develop momentum after capping a few territories.
[*]Reward should be proportional to the rank of the opponent.
Anaryl
Banned

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Anaryl

Re: Attacks and Defence [Con'td]

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 Jun 2013, 14:44

[*] Often people aren't syncing their connects - so one person will d/c/cancel automatchas the other one is readying up or only just search for/asking for a game.

Nothing I can really do about it.

[*] It's horribly stacked against newbies. Right now, after a couple of defeats, you are still stuck to do any anything. You say this is a good thing, but keep in mind people are going to be up against pros, so they will either wait around to defend and get owned again, or log off/play ladder.

Wait for the final implementation of reinforcements.

[*] Second in command doesn't seem to give the person who takes the attack any funds, so givng out attacks is pointless

Free attacks ?

[*]If you recall you lose all of your attacks, but if you cancel, you only lose the one (eventually, if they persist with out GW bugging out). If you lose a defence your attacks are fine, but if you lose an attack all your other attacks are gone?

Hum, no. Once in battle, all your attacks goes in second in battle, in defense or attacks, no difference.
[*] No way to earn more money, each attack costs as much as it rewards, meaning you only win risking your avatar (often against somone better) this means pros are rewarded faster, as they can turn planets over and force planet turnover quickly. If your avatar isn't dead, the opponent can often buy upgrades, further skewing the favour.

You win more if you beat an higher ranked players, even more if you kill him.
You also win without paying for defense, that's my way to make defense more rewarding (or everyone will attack without bother to defend).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkOff » 05 Jun 2013, 17:00

Yeah, much of what can be resolved will be once we get a better implementation of reinforcements. Its very prototypical now, just a proof of concept, really,
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Tex » 06 Jun 2013, 08:46

I would like to see if there is a way to prevent starting 'defenses' that you buy via credits before the game from being reclaimed. Nothing fair about someone playing koecher (Sorry bud, just an example, not that he ever did this) after he just reclaimed T3 SAMS, PD and a T2 arty on theta... No amount of skill can overcome a starting 3000-5000 starting mass bonus on a 5x5 and most 10x10 maps. I know that the whole Idea of GW is that its not always fair, but if I ever gated in on a 5x5 map, and my first scout sees someone sucking up mass from a 2000 mass structure, I would just recall right away. No point in even hanging around. I have started to take the habit of gating in with a T2 PD, a T2 flak, a TMD and a T1 PD, Then ctrl K'ing them just for ~1.5K mass. On a 1 vs 1, that could be two T2 mass extractors, or about 30 T1 tanks you have over your opponent. Not even close to fair. If there is a way to make the units civilian and allied to you, and immune to friendly fire, or just worth less mass so there is no point in reclaiming, that would be fine.
"It doesn't matter if you win or lose, just that you play a beautiful game."

My channel --POV gameplay-- http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfEJdmVXE6jBSuMEezEldQ
Tex

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Tex

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Jun 2013, 09:14

Yes it's possible to make them not reclaimable, that's the last line of the reinforcement post :)

(also, right now, you can't reclaim them until they are active).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Galactic War