How reinforcements work and how they should work

How reinforcements work and how they should work

Postby FunkOff » 03 Jun 2013, 05:05

Alright, I made rank 2 tonight and was able to buy some structure reinforcements. I bought 1 T1 AA tower and 1 T1 PD, because these were the only options available to me. When I started a game, the T1 PD spawned and started the game with me. When I recalled out of that game, I looked at the temporary items shop and I had 0 of both remaining. (So basically, I bought 2 items, one spawned and was consumed, the other was lost completely.)

It seems like the current system gives too much of an advantage to already good/well established players. Reinforcements are supposed to help make low rating players able to compete with high rating players, but the current system gives more options to better players, AND more points to buy those options with.

Here's how I think reinforcements should work:
First, units should be purchasable. These should be attached to specific players' reserves. You should have a check box that says "use reserves". If checked, in your next game, all your reserves will be used. If not, then none.
Second, structures should be purchasable. These should be tied to planets. If I buy a T1 PD on planet 25, any player from my faction who defends planet 25 should be able to use it.
Third, purchased structures should be retained on the planet if the defender wins a battle with them.

With these changes, I think you'll see higher rating/higher ranked players focusing on attacks, but using earnings to buy defensive bonuses so that lower-rating/lower ranked players can defend. We want team-work and we want to give noobs a chance to win, not let them be utterly murdered.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: How reinforcements work and how they should work

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jun 2013, 07:23

Wait for the final implementation.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Anaryl » 05 Jun 2013, 00:36

just be advised that placement on some maps renders a number of these units completely useless on a number of maps. I'm hoping this is addressed. I know people you say that you can reclaim them for mass, but that seems counter-intuitive.
Anaryl
Banned

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Anaryl

Postby Ze_PilOt » 05 Jun 2013, 07:55

Ze_PilOt wrote:Wait for the final implementation.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Galactic War