FA pre-patch changelog.

Re: FA pre-patch changelog.

Postby FunkOff » 25 May 2013, 16:39

pip wrote:"Ignoring gravity" for a torpedo, "flying above water" is the kind of hack I was refering to (though hack is maybe not the right word).

You specifically said "through the floor" lol.

I would have thought you would say that it's "lazy coding"^^. Though if it's already the case for UEF and Cybran, it can be tried for the Aeon and Sera, though maybe the Sera fx will look weird if the torps are above water.

I think it's lazy coding by GPG. In my balance test patch a year ago I made all torps dropped from torp bombers have to enter the water like aeon/seraphim ones do and people scream "BUT FACTION DIVERSITY" at me and said they hated the change.

As for nerfing the Percy with range, it will work for sure, it's not a bad idea, but in my opinion, it will remove a part of the late game design. I would prefer to test first the veterancy readjustments I posted a few posts above along with a significant buildtime increase (same for Bricks), as Blackheart suggested, of 50% (7200 buildtime).

If snipers get buffed and especially easier to use and Percies / Bricks are longer to build and don't vet like crazy anymore, it will be possible to counter Percies and Bricks with other units than themselves.

We really need to re-balance all of T3 land.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Golol » 25 May 2013, 16:42

FunkOff wrote:We really need to re-balance all of T3 land.

all?
the brick is not too bad against the percy, and its not bad if it is slightly less good.
and if you simply buff snipers then every faction has its percy counter
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby FunkOff » 25 May 2013, 17:34

Golol wrote:
FunkOff wrote:We really need to re-balance all of T3 land.

all?
the brick is not too bad against the percy, and its not bad if it is slightly less good.
and if you simply buff snipers then every faction has its percy counter

The problem is none of the factions have similar unit sets.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby Golol » 25 May 2013, 17:45

that doesnt mean you can't balance it.
snipers counter armored bots
artys counter sniper
and heavy bots or whatever counters arty
that should be much easier to balance than aeon t2
i dont like overreacting over faction diversity but i think different unit sets are not too bad.
Golol
Contributor

Postby CrazedChariot » 25 May 2013, 19:39

Lu_Xun_17 wrote:Test Patch Suggestion

I'd like to suggest this patch to be tested for a little time in the GW alpha. It continues the idea of buffing T2 aeon land.
You may not agree with all those numbers, but i'd like those to be tested before everything.

Cybran

-Medusa random firing reverted to 1.2

-Cerberus T2 PD nerf canceled.

I'd prefer to give cybran acu +1 regen (17) and +1 per vet (Zocks idea). I think this better addresses the true cybran weakness. Cybran can win t2 pd battles with other units, and quite frankly doesn't seem like a huge need for them. It also leaves them a noticable weakness.

Medusa change could go either way. I find it actually makes them better in larger groups, since they spray all over the place.

Aeon

-Obsidian AOE = 1.3 (from 0)
Personal shild Energy consumption = 6 (from 10)
(Hp buff canceled)

-Mobile Shild buff canceled

-Blaze speed = 4 and acceleration = 4

-T3 Harbringer can shoot and reclaim at same time

-SniperBot speed buff to 4 kept.
SniperBot Deploy and undeploy speed 15% faster.
(prize and buildtime buff canceled)

-T2 torpbomber shoot working in shallow waters.
-T3 torpbomber speed shoot increased + 10% (already buffed in the past but still not enough)

-T4 Tempest max speed =2.8 (from 2.5)

The obsidian should have 1 aoe, so it doesnt really damage groups, but can kill t1 pd with walls, and prevent it from missing target.

The mobile shield buff seems to have made aeon decent at t2, so I'd prefer to find a way to keep it if possible. Its the main reason you would get a quick t2 as aeon. All their power stems from this unit.

Can't comment on other changes, as I dont use those units a great deal. Seem fine to try tho.

Seraphim

-Yanzyne (T2 hoover tank) equalled to Blaze (speed =4 dps = 50 range stays at 18vs23 to equall the hp difference)
http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/un ... 03,XAL0203

-Sniperbot speed = 4
(prize and buildtime buff canceled)

-T2 torpbomber shoot working in shallow waters.

Seem fine as well

UEF

-Percy range nerf = 31 (from 35)

-Continental (T3 transport) shild energy consumption = 400 (from 250)
(It won't nerf continental drops, but it will slightly nerf continental spam for air supremacy goals)

-Atlantis max speed =2.8 (from 2.5)
-Atlantis AA Aoe = 1.5 (from 0)

-Fatboy Vet nerf 40/80/120/160/200 (from 25/50/75/100/125)

Percy is a big one. I think the brick and percy need to end up at the same range. Range is the ultimate king of FA, as you basically get your entire army firing on 2-4 units when they have a range advantage. When something has range and speed advantage it becomes laughable. Look at how badly harbs own othums, even tho othums have better pure dps and health.

This change needs to be done in unison with other t3 changes. If percy and brick had 31 -32 range, and harb had 28, it seems like this might work (exacty numbers might need adjustments) The problem is balancing sera. You could give Othuums 28 range as well, which would balance them vs uef and cybran, but it might make them too powerful vs Harbs. I dont have a great solution without testing it extensively. I do think that range is the easiest way to balance it.

These lower ranges would also give a slight boost to t4, which would be fine imo.

Continental has kinda been proven to be meh at air in recent games, so i dont think the change will matter much either way.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: CrazedChariot

Postby FunkOff » 25 May 2013, 20:29

The obsidian should have 1 aoe, so it doesnt really damage groups, but can kill t1 pd with walls, and prevent it from missing target.

Hang on. This would make the obsideon the only T2 tank that has this ability to quickly murdered walled-PD. Why not give that ability to Illshovah too? Being able to spam obsideons to over-run PD is a huge buff.

Changes to sniper botss, at least seraphim, need to focus on turn speed. The seraphim sniper bot's turret is locked to the chassis, and it's slows speed makes it slow to maneuver and slow to shoot.

Regarding percies/bricks vs othuums, if snipers are good, snipers can be useful against percies. What's important is bricks/percs have the same range as each other, and harbs/othuums have the same range as each other. Also, if harb gets +speed +reclaim versus the othuum, othuum should get +hp and +dps versus the harbinger.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby CrazedChariot » 25 May 2013, 20:59

Do ishies not murder t1 pd now? i forget

I think we are on the same page for t3. Snipers are nice in theory, but its takes well over a minute of constant firing to kill a percy. I think snipers can become a nice complimentary unit, but the t3 bots need to be able to compete with one another. There will always be some that are better than others, they just need to competitive.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: CrazedChariot

Postby FunkOff » 25 May 2013, 21:07

CrazedChariot wrote:Do ishies not murder t1 pd now? i forget

I think we are on the same page for t3. Snipers are nice in theory, but its takes well over a minute of constant firing to kill a percy. I think snipers can become a nice complimentary unit, but the t3 bots need to be able to compete with one another. There will always be some that are better than others, they just need to competitive.

Isshies have 0 aoe, so no, they don't kill PD faster than auroras. About snipers, I think we should balance them like such: They don't fire often they have garbage speed and paper armor. Why not just make them really cheap, like 350 mass? (Same as asf.) This would make them used because you can kill stuff with them if the defender isn't paying attention, but at the same time, pretty much anything would kill them. This makes them a good T3 tank destroyer.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 25 May 2013, 21:07

Ilshavoh are taller than aurora, they shoot t1 pd much better.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Golol » 25 May 2013, 21:41

maybe 480 mass for the snipers like titans and loyalists.
but then snipers would be really good compared to artillery. double the dps, a bit smaller range and no indirect fire. still snipers would be so much better than artillery.
i think in a good balance a sniperbot should be able to 3 or 4 hit a percy and shoot about 2 times before a percy can reach him.
how big the dps will be depends on how fast a percy can cross about 40 range. if it would be about 30 seconds then the sniper should deal 2500-3000 dmg each shot with 15 seconds reload.
a percy would have around 3000 hps when it kills the sniper.
Golol
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War