Rules layout.

Rules layout.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Apr 2013, 09:40

Here is a layout of how credits will work.

War requires money. It's weird in a world where you can generate ressources from thin air, so the name will maybe be redefined redefined later.

Each day, The system will generate XXX credits. That amount will depend of how many players they are in the game.
Let's take a 100 players game for example.
The game will generate 20000 credits.

Then, the credits are divided equally between factions. So, 5000 credits per faction.
Then, the credits are divided by the number of players in that faction.

ie. if they are :
25 aeons
75 cybran
50 seraphim
50 UEF

Each aeon player will get 200 credits.
Each cybran player will get 66 credits
Each seraphim and UEF player will get 100 credits.

Each faction will also get extra credit (will be defined after some testing) for each extra planet they occupy.
Each planet will have a different value depending of how many connections they have to other planets, and if each of these connections are inside the territory of the faction or not.
(so even if a planet is isolated and have a few connections, it can be interesting to control it to gain more credits because an important planet is connected to it).

On top of that, you will get extra credits depending of your rank. starting at 0% more if you are a soldier, 5% more for each rank.

Defending cost nothing. Attacking requires to hack the gateway network, and will cost credits.
Let's say that attacking a planet will cost 100 credits.

So aeon will be able to attack twice, cybran can only defend (unless more rank or more planets), seraphim and uef one time.

The "recall" function will cost 50 credits to use on defense, 100 on attack.

If you die, you "respawn" with 0 credits and no rank.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: The credit system.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Apr 2013, 11:23

What else can you do with these credits ?

On top of using the recall function (and avoid an horrible death) :
- Hire the Nomads to gate you on a nearby planet without any gateway link.
- Hire the Nomads to help you in battle or battle for you (you spawn with a nomad engy anf your faction ACU or a nomad ACU).
- Unlock ranks for your avatar. Each rank require a certain amount of victories. Once you reach it, you can buy the associated rank. Ranks allow you to earn more credits and unlock game modes. (hiring nomads + other stuff I prefer to keep secret for now), as well as advantage in battle (able to kept your ACU upgrades between battles for example).
- Contribute to your faction game ender. Each faction will have a game ender that will cost 1.000.000 credit to build. Once build, a supreme commander (highest rank) can "fire" it (depend of the faction) once a day.

You can also give credits to a player.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby ZaphodX » 10 Apr 2013, 11:26

Seems nice, thanks for the update.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Nombringer » 10 Apr 2013, 11:28

Great work! Thanks!
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

The recall system.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Apr 2013, 11:37

In GW, you can really die.

To avoid re-creating a avatar after each lost game, you will be able to gate out at any point during the game.

Two conditions to that :
- Having enough credits to gate out.
- Being in the recall area (basically the no rush zone of the map).

Recall will require to not move for ten seconds.

Going out with your ACU on the map will be a risk.
You will also need to evaluate your chances of losing the game.

You will never know who you are really fighting : Only the avatar name of the player will be displayed, unless special conditions.

Higher ranked officers will have the possibility to keep their ACU upgrades between mission, but also to have less restrictions on recall (less cost, no range, lower recall time). But you will need a lot of victories before going there !

Building a gateway will allow you to gate in SCUs, but also to gate out for free.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Spying.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Apr 2013, 11:46

Galactic War have a big role playing part.

For other factions, you will only be known as your avatar. Your real FAF nickname will stay hidden.

But you can do some spying and guessing !

Some planets will have some special abilities. "Spying" planets will allow you to pay some spy to look at a neighbor planet battle. It will give you the avatar names of people fighting on them, as well as their real FAF nickname.

Then, it's up to you to use the forum dedicated to each faction to maintain a list of all players.
You can of course guess who is who.

Eventually, an UI mod will be released to allow you to display that list in game if you want.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Re: Rules layout.

Postby bouznak » 10 Apr 2013, 13:11

That sounds very interesting, I love the idea to gate out for free with a gateway. The only question I have is : are the credits a fixed amount or a regular income ? I mean, if players of a faction cannot attack because of lack of credits, they have to wait to win defending battles to have the ability to start attacking other planets ?

Many thanks for that update Zep.
bouznak
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: BC_bouznak

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Apr 2013, 13:14

You earn credits every day, no more, no less.

The goal is to limit the amount of attacks possible to force people to play defense.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby FireMessiah » 10 Apr 2013, 13:20

this sounds epic fun. cant wait !
Ze_PilOt wrote:I know we live in a era when everything is done considering that the user is a total moron or retarded.
I find that insulting when a game is stating me the obvious ("press X to open the door" the 20th time I see a door).
hallelujah, amen.
FireMessiah

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: FireMessiah

Postby ColonelSheppard » 10 Apr 2013, 13:35

awesome!
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times