Rules layout.

Re: Rules layout.

Postby FunkOff » 12 Apr 2013, 14:33

rootbeer23 wrote:thats not possible.
the closest you can do to achieve the above would be to partition a map in 2 non-communicating parts and have 2
independent games happen at the same time, using a mechanism similar to the no rush timer, which you can probably
manipulate to allow for some kind of communication (e.g. sharing some units) under specific conditions.

This is not entirely true. I devised a theory a while back how it could be done, and all it would require is a special mod and a re-start of FA. Basically, it would always spawn armies/commanders for 8 players, and just hide the ones that weren't used. In a 2 player game with a third player trying to join, it would save the current game between 2 players (or 3 or 4 or however many), close FA, re-launch FA with the third player connected, then bring his commander to the playable field. It wouldn't be seamless or perfect, but it would work.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby MushrooMars » 14 Apr 2013, 05:45

Well Funk, if we're going to get nitty gritty like that, might as well just have a script that console-commands all the players from one team onto the same army.
MushrooMars

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby lafittejean » 15 Apr 2013, 06:16

While their ought to be a cost to stage an attack I don't think it's lore friendly to say you have to "hack" a quantum gate. While the lore isn't too clear it seems that the quantum network is highly non-partisan and that anyone can use it, after all all three factions battle on Earth at the conclusion of the Infinite War and the Seraphim War, if either the UEF or Seraphim could actually really control movements in their local gates easily its doubtful the events of the campaign would have unfolded in such a manner. (Well with the exception of QAI which possessed an incredible ability to interfere with quantum travel, and QAI was one of a kind) On the other hand it is mentioned that there are a lot of logistics to gate in with an ACU via a "hot drop" (without a quantum gate) to stage an attack, also there is the intel each faction receives from their command structure. So really your credits are paying for logistics. Sorry if it seems over facetious of me to do this, but you wanted to be lore friendly.
lafittejean
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 15 Apr 2013, 09:33

I don't think there will be any description of why you have to pay in the interface, so it's hardly a problem :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 May 2013, 12:19

In order to balance the numbers of players in each factions, the money generated is already dependent of the population in each faction (less = more money per players).

In order to balance it even more, the rank-up requirements (win required + money) will be also dependent of the numbers of players (more players = harder to rank up).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FireMessiah » 07 May 2013, 13:41

Ze_PilOt wrote:In order to balance the numbers of players in each factions, the money generated is already dependent of the population in each faction (less = more money per players).

In order to balance it even more, the rank-up requirements (win required + money) will be also dependent of the numbers of players (more players = harder to rank up).

this all sounds great, however I hope something will be created to show the numbers of each faction when a player is creating their GW account. some kind of graph etc.
as its something we cannot alter once its chosen, a clear indication for a player to choose to which faction suits them best (larger faction, less earnings / smaller faction, more earnings).
Ze_PilOt wrote:I know we live in a era when everything is done considering that the user is a total moron or retarded.
I find that insulting when a game is stating me the obvious ("press X to open the door" the 20th time I see a door).
hallelujah, amen.
FireMessiah

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: FireMessiah

Postby Chosen » 09 May 2013, 18:24

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET :P :P :P
Chosen
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Chosen

Postby Circuit » 10 May 2013, 08:01

When defending or attacking a position , can we get the name of the avatar we face off???

Lets take a serial acu killer like Voodoo, how this mod will not allow him too win the GW by himself like darth vader on a battlefield?? I know the credit ( I prefere to call it war ressource) will not allow him to rampage the galaxy... When avatar got success, his reputation reach the other camp like Erwin Rommel or Patton or Kurt Student, how we will know we are facing a genius on the battlefield and how we can allow more ressource to put him down (like the battle El Alamein when the allies put the double of the ressource facing the force of Rommel for barely push him back..)

Btw Zep , you are doing a awsome job all about the GW , the balancing stuff and communicate the change here.
Circuit
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Circuit

Postby Voodoo » 10 May 2013, 08:21

Circuit wrote:When defending or attacking a position , can we get the name of the avatar we face off???

Lets take a serial acu killer like Voodoo, how this mod will not allow him too win the GW by himself like darth vader on a battlefield?? I know the credit ( I prefere to call it war ressource) will not allow him to rampage the galaxy... When avatar got success, his reputation reach the other camp like Erwin Rommel or Patton or Kurt Student, how we will know we are facing a genius on the battlefield and how we can allow more ressource to put him down (like the battle El Alamein when the allies put the double of the ressource facing the force of Rommel for barely push him back..)

Btw Zep , you are doing a awsome job all about the GW , the balancing stuff and communicate the change here.

pew pew :)

But we have to stop Luxun first.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby pip » 10 May 2013, 08:36

Chosen did this already : he fought like maybe 30 times in GW, attacking all planets, and he lost only one game.

I agree the "reputation" of the avatar should have an impact not only internally (better rank / means in the faction) but also externally : the fame of a succesful general shall precedes him and cow the enemies wherever he can be spotted in the galaxy map.

I guess it's related to how spying will work:

Dell Crino wrote:Galactic War have a big role playing part.

For other factions, you will only be known as your avatar. Your real FAF nickname will stay hidden.

But you can do some spying and guessing !

Some planets will have some special abilities. "Spying" planets will allow you to pay some spy to look at a neighbor planet battle. It will give you the avatar names of people fighting on them, as well as their real FAF nickname.

Then, it's up to you to use the forum dedicated to each faction to maintain a list of all players.
You can of course guess who is who.

Eventually, an UI mod will be released to allow you to display that list in game if you want.

So this leads me to another question : will Aeon get something like the Eye of Rhianne to spy better?
I think having some metagame abilities (like the game enders you mentioned) can make some faction more appealing.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War