Galactic War - Trailer

Re: Galactic War - Trailer

Postby MushrooMars » 10 Mar 2013, 03:30

I like Wrath. I like it a LOT. It isn't a verb, but it fits.

I wrote a small story on the Nomads, from their conception (when they were being shipped to a prison world), to their end (towards the end of the Seraphim War), but it is very extravagant, childish and overall probably violates the canon so many times over it could be considered statutory rape. It also probably contains a lot of the same adjective/adverb repeated over and over again ad infinitum. It's very old.

But yeah, the Nomads have a home world... And that's about it. Their home world is ravaged by several hundred/thousand years of conflict, is overpopulated and is covered in warring factions, kinda like the Infinite War in a bottle. The faction as we know them now escaped their homeworld on a fleet of rag-tag ships, and ended up attacking outlying worlds and stripping them of technology, resources and information. Their fleet eventually snowballed into something rivaling the Seraphim in sheer number and firepower, and they end up a major galactic power.

Any worlds they visit are generally left barren by the time they are gone, the most they will leave behind are a few automated satellites or some such to monitor the world, as well as a few abandoned units and structures. They aren't exactly precise in military terms.

Edit: Ah, yup. I probably used the word 'generally' over fifty thousand times in my story.
MushrooMars

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby lafittejean » 10 Mar 2013, 06:35

Generations ago, the Earth Empire deported a group of separatists across the galaxy. After what seemed like an endless amount of time, the huge transports reached a remote desert planet in a spiral arm far away from the old Empire. Removed from their home, they became a legend and the last remaining records of their existence were lost in the Infinite War. While the UEF, Aeon, and Cybran fought over the remains of the Earth Empire, the separatists adapted and regained their strength. Resources were scarce on their new homeworld, and the deported began to build a large fleet to seek out more. The Nomads were born.
The Nomads used their fleet to conquer neighboring species, and forced them into submission. Scavenging the technology and resources of their victims, the Nomads learned to manipulate time and space on a level far superior to anything the Earth Empire and its descendants had ever seen. When the first prototype of a quantum fluctuation drive was successfully tested, the Nomads knew the time of their return was close.

The new FTL drive allowed them to strike at will and without warning; they were no longer forced to rely on Quantum Gates to travel long distances. The Nomads kept raiding the systems in their spiral arm of the galaxy increasing their numbers and strength and nurturing their wrath on the successors of the old Earth Empire. After traveling a millennia the Nomads are at the doorstep of their old foes. They have only one objective: Exterminate!

Just thought I'd post the wiki story if people are too lazy to look. It might help.
lafittejean
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Veta » 10 Mar 2013, 07:49

Grace could work for seraphim and fits well with unity/freedom/purity/wrath/etc

a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior
mercy; clemency; pardon

it would fit with the seraphim's "Way" religion and them thinking they're doing humanity a favor by exterminating them

also seems to fit their aesthetic, i admit it moreso describes the fictional race than the actual in game faction - since the faction is comprised of the already doomed/damned commanders.
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Postby pip » 10 Mar 2013, 09:09

Here are all the ideas I think fit the Nomads:
- Revenge
- Ravage
- Pillage
- Scavenge
- Wrath

If Wrath is not used for Sera, it is probably the best choice. However, I do think Wrath is better for Sera because it has a religious conotation. I prefer it to Doom.
And Grace doesn't fit Sera at all IMO because they don't spare humanity.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby MushrooMars » 11 Mar 2013, 14:23

Sera aren't graceful at all IMHO. Their entire invasion strategy was "IF IT ISN'T DEAD, KILL IT! IF IT'S ALREADY DEAD, KILL IT AGAIN!" If anything, Cybran are the most graceful faction
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby Ze_PilOt » 14 Mar 2013, 16:54

GW will have its intro too.
Do you want to work in an animated timeline ?
Would be something like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmDFlkn15Io

But with a voice-over (nobody read :).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 14 Mar 2013, 17:18

what do you mean by work in?
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 14 Mar 2013, 17:20

Do stuff for making it happens ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 14 Mar 2013, 17:22

sure, but right now i'm not sure how do something like that in vegas/effects
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby ZaphodX » 14 Mar 2013, 17:23

Well if it arises I'm happy to do a voice over.
ZaphodX
Contributor

FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War