Weekly Update - Week 1.

Re: Weekly Update - Week 1.

Postby Myxir » 01 Feb 2013, 18:04

that sounds like we'll experience some epic showdown battles for some planets while everything else gets blasted away by the enemy super weapons 8-)
epic!

btw... does that mean you can compleately seal off an enemy/own sector of the game, and just wait on the "hidden" planets nobody can access from the outside anymore? eventually there should be new routes appearing once a planet is gone, but maybe it's intended
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby Ze_PilOt » 01 Feb 2013, 18:23

Yes. Actually the current idea for cybran is to disconnect planets from the network by destroying gate links. A planet entirely disconnected return to neutral state.

If a faction ends up sealed off, they will auto-capitulate to the bigger empire (so you will play on their side, but as "slave")

They are called game enders because they are supposed to end the game in a low number of days :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 02 Feb 2013, 00:42

i guess UEF will get Black Sun?

EDIT: oops i didnt saw it
Last edited by ColonelSheppard on 02 Feb 2013, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 02 Feb 2013, 01:26

Ze_PilOt wrote:ie. you will spend point to fire black sun and destroy any planet in the network..
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 02 Feb 2013, 21:22

I'm not that far from the mockup done in photoshop :

previewGW4.PNG
previewGW4.PNG (779.89 KiB) Viewed 2281 times

Tomorrow, I will add the network creation to the editor, and I will be almost done with it..

http://users.edpnet.be/zepilot/gwPreview4.zip

What's left for this week :
- While the zooming is working as expected, I'm not entirely happy with de-zooming. I will spend some time smoothing that.
- I need to implement the right-mouse button for panning (should be trivial, it was done in an earlier test but I need to smooth it), and implement keyboard arrows too.
- The lighting is not done, that's why I'm not showing anything now
- I need to draw the planet influences and networks. I've already have all the 2d polygons, I just need to extrude them.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Gyle » 02 Feb 2013, 23:18

Ze_PilOt wrote:Yes. Actually the current idea for cybran is to disconnect planets from the network by destroying gate links. A planet entirely disconnected return to neutral state.

If a faction ends up sealed off, they will auto-capitulate to the bigger empire (so you will play on their side, but as "slave")

They are called game enders because they are supposed to end the game in a low number of days :)

If a planet gets sealed off perhaps factions could pay the nomads ( mercs ) for a lift so they can assualt the planet directly ;)
My youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/felixlighta?feature=mhee

"Don't take life too seriously... no one gets out alive."
Gyle

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Gyle

Previous

Return to Galactic War