Ask your questions !

Re: Ask your questions !

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 May 2013, 20:36

1) Something else is planned.

2) Depend on map makers, not me.

3) Probably not, people will enter stupid names.

4) Already answered. Tip : intel tab.

5) No. You have to be careful, this is war.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 16 May 2013, 20:41

3)
i already said that somewhere: you should recive a bunch of names, like 10 female forenames, 10 male, 10 last names etc.
that would really help people to identify with their names and probably even make a possibilitie to show the full namelist and enter a name from there
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 May 2013, 20:45

It's on the bottom on the priority list.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Circuit » 17 May 2013, 06:04

Hammie wrote:Hey there, i dont know eher to post this, but i have some suggestions for the next stage of the Alpha;

1) could you possibly put in the name and rank of the commander in the window that says who is attacking a planet, as you end up with someone like me at level 750 going against Tag sin at level 2200.

2) My friend was watching me and suggested this one, could you possible have maps that are balanced but don't quite have an even look to them to be more realistic, im not sure if there are many decent maps for that but i like this idea.

3) to possibly have a nameable com, so you type in a name and check if its available, as i know some people would like that, although the random names are cool.

4) and i don't know if this already exists but to eventually have some kind of who's who board, so you can see who has what character in GW, and can view their GW characters progress.

5) have the choice to cancel an attack within 1/2 minutes of starting one for if you accidentally attack the wrong planet.

Again these are only suggestions and i know some of them may not be possible or be done for a long time, and could you also direct me to where i should put this post as i cant find one for it, cheers.

First and forth is my vote
Circuit
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Circuit

Postby Hammie » 21 May 2013, 09:23

I dont know where to report bugs, so ill put it here, when i click the intel tab it just stays blank nothing comes up, i left it for a good few minutes and still nothing came up, sorry for putting it here but i couldn't find the report issues debate
Hammie
Contributor

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Hammie

Postby Veta » 30 May 2013, 18:29

I have some questions but I wanted to first say you're doing a great job Zep.

1) What do you think about calling GW the Infinite War, to pay homage to the campaign?

2) Do you have any plans for additional victory scenarios that don't include domination? For example UEF players putting their credits into building a Blacksun instead of helping them win battles. Or the Seraphim putting all their credits into reinforcements, winning battles and expanding their map control. Maybe this was the idea from the start :) ?

3) Related to #2, do you have anything in mind for board development? In board games board development is very important. RISK for example has bad board development and games can go on forever. The makers of RISK had to devise the awkward card system for games to end. On the other hand in Chess the board develops as players lose pieces. In Go the board develops as it grows and ends when it can no longer grow. Supreme Commander functions a lot like Go in that as you destroy enemy units you can reclaim them - so the total mass in the game always increases until you reach the game-ender stage, if it doesn't end before then.

4) Is there a plan to display FAF name, Rating in game? You mentioned something else is planned to Hammie, so I guess it's on your radar.

5) What about showing how many credits an avatar has earned/spent or currently has? Showing how impactful an avatar has been to their faction would be nice. Perhaps other stats like battles won/loss, commanders killed, etc.
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Postby ZaphodX » 30 May 2013, 19:09

I believe:
2) The plan is for each faction to have their own Black-Sun esque game ender as the ultimate goal.
4) The plan is to make it impossible to find the person behind the avatar
5) Partially present in the rank of people within a faction but some stats would be nice
ZaphodX
Contributor

FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Veta » 30 May 2013, 19:38

thanks for the answers zaphod

I reread the thread and it looks like the idea is to be able to RP your avatar.
From there, people can listen to higher ranked players or not, but there is no obligation to do it, it's up to you to decide how deep you want to role play your avatar.

Is that the main justification for anonymity or am I missing something?
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Postby ZaphodX » 30 May 2013, 22:37

I believe so? It's certainly why I think it would be awesome. I like the idea that someone can build a reputation for their avatar and if people can't find out the player behind the avatar then it lends even more infamy to the character and their contribution to the galaxial conflict.
ZaphodX
Contributor

FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Veta » 30 May 2013, 23:30

True, that shouldn't stop you from naming yourself though. I guess I'll wait to see what Zep has in mind.
Veta

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War