Ask your questions !

Re: Ask your questions !

Postby Nombringer » 20 Apr 2013, 02:24

Is it possible to change your nickname for GW but not for FAF?

(I Really wanna be called redfog.....)
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Myxir » 20 Apr 2013, 08:33

your nickname is randomly created, but (at least now) you can ask for a new one during the account creating process (not after that)
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby heelix » 20 Apr 2013, 15:34

A really silly question: when can we try it? (Even early alpha builds)
heelix
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: heelix

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 20 Apr 2013, 18:02

Nombringer wrote:Is it possible to change your nickname for GW but not for FAF?

No one can have Redfog's legacy :twisted:
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Nombringer » 21 Apr 2013, 09:18

Plasma_Wolf wrote:
Nombringer wrote:Is it possible to change your nickname for GW but not for FAF?

No one can have Redfog's legacy :twisted:

Then I will prove my existence on my own! :twisted:
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Circuit » 12 May 2013, 01:20

I had a really bad experience with my first experience to defend a planet vs luxun.... so i dont have to tell resistance was futile . After i was wondering the ranking. Do we have enough player make a GW for pro (1800+), good player (1300-1800), average (700-1300) and noob....

Zep do you have any idea in the future about this issue (i understand this is not urgent to do it...)
Circuit
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Circuit

Postby Swkoll » 12 May 2013, 01:26

Circuit wrote:I had a really bad experience with my first experience to defend a planet vs luxun.... so i dont have to tell resistance was futile . After i was wondering the ranking. Do we have enough player make a GW for pro (1800+), good player (1300-1800), average (700-1300) and noob....

Zep do you have any idea in the future about this issue (i understand this is not urgent to do it...)

This is the biggest problem with GW and I don't really see a way to fix it that would make much sense.
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby Ze_PilOt » 12 May 2013, 10:50

This is only an issue right now because the rank system is not in place, as well as others features, so it's just stupid 1v1 games.

You will be able to spend credits on defense/attack to make the game really imbalance in your favor if needed.

You can say "yes but the pro too" and it's true, but that would be part of the game to know when to spend credits or not.

Also, you will be able to try to snipe him without trying to win the game, for the sole purpose of making him losing his rank. If you have an higher rank, the game will slightly be in your favor.

Also, some conditions will throw different game modes, and there will be 2v2 and 3v3 too.

Finally, defending without winning will always be better than not defending.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Circuit » 12 May 2013, 16:15

Ze_PilOt wrote:This is only an issue right now because the rank system is not in place, as well as others features, so it's just stupid 1v1 games.

You will be able to spend credits on defense/attack to make the game really imbalance in your favor if needed.

You can say "yes but the pro too" and it's true, but that would be part of the game to know when to spend credits or not.

Also, you will be able to try to snipe him without trying to win the game, for the sole purpose of making him losing his rank. If you have an higher rank, the game will slightly be in your favor.

Also, some conditions will throw different game modes, and there will be 2v2 and 3v3 too.

Finally, defending without winning will always be better than not defending.

Thx for the clarification zep. Can wait to see how will be....
Circuit
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Circuit

Postby Hammie » 16 May 2013, 19:53

Hey there, i dont know eher to post this, but i have some suggestions for the next stage of the Alpha;

1) could you possibly put in the name and rank of the commander in the window that says who is attacking a planet, as you end up with someone like me at level 750 going against Tag sin at level 2200.

2) My friend was watching me and suggested this one, could you possible have maps that are balanced but don't quite have an even look to them to be more realistic, im not sure if there are many decent maps for that but i like this idea.

3) to possibly have a nameable com, so you type in a name and check if its available, as i know some people would like that, although the random names are cool.

4) and i don't know if this already exists but to eventually have some kind of who's who board, so you can see who has what character in GW, and can view their GW characters progress.

5) have the choice to cancel an attack within 1/2 minutes of starting one for if you accidentally attack the wrong planet.

Again these are only suggestions and i know some of them may not be possible or be done for a long time, and could you also direct me to where i should put this post as i cant find one for it, cheers.
Hammie
Contributor

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Hammie

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War