Galactic War 2.0

Re: Galactic War 2.0

Postby briang » 10 Jan 2016, 21:17

IceDreamer wrote:The relaunch will be accompanied by much fanfare and horn-tooting; a big advertising campaign across social media and tech-space websites, multiples money tournaments in both single and multi-player formats, special casts with special guests, perhaps reach out to Chris Taylor, Wargaming, Nordic, Square Enix for comment.

Uhhhh... how can you possibly know there will be an ad campaign? Give me some quote from visionik saying he will finance such an endeavor before making a crazy statement like that.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby IceDreamer » 10 Jan 2016, 21:54

briang wrote:
IceDreamer wrote:The relaunch will be accompanied by much fanfare and horn-tooting; a big advertising campaign across social media and tech-space websites, multiples money tournaments in both single and multi-player formats, special casts with special guests, perhaps reach out to Chris Taylor, Wargaming, Nordic, Square Enix for comment.

Uhhhh... how can you possibly know there will be an ad campaign? Give me some quote from visionik saying he will finance such an endeavor before making a crazy statement like that.

Because it's been talked about internally... A lot... I'm in charge of the GW 2.0 planning etc, when we were laying the overarching plan out last year there was a LOT of talking between visionik, myself, sheeo, chris, retard, funkoff, and a whole plethora of others, dozens and dozens of individuals being asked for ideas and input. A big-ass advertising effort was a recurring theme in my conversations with a number of people who can make such things happen, including visionik.

So yeah, I can say it: There WILL be much fanfare over the released of GW. I can't say it will include all the things mentioned, but it could be any number of them, all of them, or more, but at the very least the tech sites like PC gamer, techpowerup, youtubers like TotalBiscuit and pewdiepie will all be contacted with a press release type thingy, because I'll do that myself if I have to! (I won't have to...)

Bottom line is: You're wrong. GW will bring a massive increase in players, and for a number of reasons. You're also right. GW is a long way away, and we need to get the whole platform as robust as possible before we go about launching GW.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby D4E_Omit » 10 Jan 2016, 23:01

Maybe a good idea to begin with is for everybody to ignore briangs negativity? :P

There's constuctive criticism and theres briang criticism
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

Postby briang » 10 Jan 2016, 23:11

I love how you define criticism when I haven't even criticized anything. I'm merely asking questions that need to be asked. Having some guarantee of an ad campaign from visionik changes the perspective entirely. If you don't see that mb just get out of the way while people ask the questions that are important.

My point this whole time was that GW relaunch would not have the desired effect without an ad campaign. Since nobody decided to share that there was one planned until I had already begun to defend my point I did exactly that until I was presented with something that makes it moot.
Last edited by briang on 11 Jan 2016, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.
briang
Spammer

Postby Legion Darrath » 11 Jan 2016, 01:57

briang wrote:If you don't see that mb just get out of the way while people ask the questions that are important.

Or you can stop antagonizing people for no reason all time
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby briang » 11 Jan 2016, 03:16

Plz compile every antagonistic thing I've said here and then come back to me with that accusation. In fact I think the only antagonism has been towards me not from me.
briang
Spammer

Postby IceDreamer » 11 Jan 2016, 03:33

briang, surely you know your every other post is antagonistic? Surely the sheer number of times you've been accused of such was a hint?? I address the point made, not the way it was made, wherever I can (Above), but seriously, you must realize this? Either way, please keep this argument out of my thread. @LegionDarrath - Can we all stay on topic from now on please?
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Legion Darrath » 11 Jan 2016, 03:38

Yes, please stay on topic or I will have to start deleting posts.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby Sir Prize » 11 Jan 2016, 13:06

IceDreamer wrote:The plans for GW are vast. They will take an equally vast amount of time to fully program, and with the size of what we're trying to create, it becomes obvious why it's the last thing on the list: There's no point bringing thousands of potential players, curious people, to a platform with unstable and buggy servers, poor matchmaking, and an obtuse, broken client.

Yeah back on topic is fun. I would love to know more detail about what the plan is for the actual feature, very interesting post though. Any vague timelines in mind as well?

I think for the FunkOff/Kalvirox/me/pretty much all of [UEF] clan who would just like to fool around in a faction war with something unusual (dare I say "more than usual") on the line (I used to LOVE Eve Online, if that means anything to anyone), would it be possible to put a basic, maybe-beta GW up so we can just play a little sooner than the "vast amount of time" awesome feature you're planning? It might help with the implementation of the masterplan, it would definitely help with having fun on FAF.

I think this, followed by a well-publicised "re-launch" shouldn't be too painful for the momentum, if you're concerned about that. Just my two (inexpert) cents.
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby Iszh » 13 Jan 2016, 14:14

Hey i have to add something to this player ammount topic since UEF is a GW clan there are 37 members in this clan and after gw was switched off the number of players decreased rapidly. Meanwhile i would say i can see maximal 8 players online if all active people are online the same time (happens not very often). Mostly there are 3-4 people online. I was playing with my friends who are much worse than me in this game. THe point about gw was it was fun to have completely skill mixed games. Rating simply didnt count there just have somebody in your team or dont have somebody. Atm i cant play with my friends anymore since they would not be allowed to join 1500+ games. Thats a very practical reason to bring back gw. No matter how it worked even without any reinforcements or other specials just the universe to fight in random team with factions for the win was fun! Please bring it back even in the most simply version would be already great to have. It can be improved with every universe ;)
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

PreviousNext

Return to Galactic War