Total Mayhem 1.37 for all game versions

Moderators: Uveso, burnie222

Re: Total Mayhem 1.33 for all game versions

Postby GarthEastwood » 28 Aug 2017, 09:53

Hi Uveso

I've tried reinstalling the mod afresh. Good news the weapons do now seem to work as intended!
Bad news, the unit build menu icons are still showing as "blue circle placeholder" icons. Ok, as I said before, this is cosmetic and doesn't stop me from using this mod, but it would be nice to get it working 100%!

What I did forget to mention is that I'm using the Steam version of SC:FA, so it has a different directory path to the one you shown (although interestingly I do have that said path as well)!

PS/ I cannot provide you with this "game.log" file neither!

If you like to start a non online game with a Desktop shortcut:

Make a desktop-shortcut from the file:
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
(Rightclick the file and select "Send to" -> Desktop Shortcut")

Fallen flat at this first hurdle..... I have this directory, but it's empty, there is no "ForgedAlliance.exe" in it!
GarthEastwood
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: GarthEastwood

Re: Total Mayhem 1.33 for all game versions

Postby Uveso » 28 Aug 2017, 21:12

Hello GarthEastwood,

let us continue this in the bug topic:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15039&p=153626#p153626
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Re: Total Mayhem 1.35 for all game versions

Postby Uveso » 15 Nov 2017, 04:21

Update 28.Aug.2017 (v1.34) (released as test version)
-Fixed version check for steam games (uiutil.lua, gamecommon.lua, unitview.lua).
-Unit brnst2advbattleship - Refiner Class - (Advanced Battleship) moved from Aeon to UEF build tree.

Update 15.Nov.2017 (v1.35)
-Unit brnt2exm2 - Advanced Tactical Missile Launcher. Fixed pack/unpack animation and attack rules.
-Added file check to see if the mod is in it's original file state.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby Idontknowman » 30 Jan 2018, 07:42

The tooltips are seriously lacking. Many installed weapon systems don't appear in the units' tooltips at all.
There's no text detailing why any unit that is very similar to another unit of the same faction and tech should be built opposed to the other one (T1 tanks, mostly; but also some similar mechs).
Units in general have the habit of already launching their weapons before being properly aligned towards the target, causing their projectiles to hit own or allied structures on accident if they're facing the wrong direction initially (after repairs / retreating). And there's also a good amount of random, all over the place missile scatter that just hits everything within a huge range, not just enemies at the targeted spot.
BUG: The UEF tactical missile launcher experimental doesn't seem to be able to attack anything.
I recommend using different death animation sounds for T1, T2, T3 and T4 experimentals, so that only T4 ones have that nuke explosion sound and all others lesser effects, representing their lower tech level and helping to avoid confusion if just some gunship died and not some actually valueable T3 or T4 unit.

The mod itself has a good amount of fresh, new units and some cool ideas. Just how to integrate the new experimentals into the regular game will be a balance challenge.

Edit: Even despite playing on FAF I had to copy the TotalMayhem\sounds folder contents into the Supreme Commander FA\Sounds folder for all unit sounds actually playing in the game while using the mod. Post#1 tells that's not necessary while playing on FAF but that seems to be either wrong or outdated. Btw. downloaded this mod from the FAF mod vault.
Idontknowman
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Idontknowman

Postby Uveso » 03 Feb 2018, 17:28

Hello dontknowman,

thank's for your reply!

I will take a look at it next week.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby Uveso » 22 Mar 2018, 10:45

Idontknowman wrote:The tooltips are seriously lacking. Many installed weapon systems don't appear in the units' tooltips at all.

Supcom can't handle weapons with the same name in some cases. You could try my tooltip mod:
http://faforever.uveso.de/forum/SmartUnitTooltipV2.zip
(please also enable "Show Armament Build in Factory Menu" in game)

Idontknowman wrote:There's no text detailing why any unit that is very similar to another unit of the same faction and tech should be built opposed to the other one (T1
tanks, mostly; but also some similar mechs).

Yes sadly there are no such details. And will never be. The author of this mod is gone long time ago.

Idontknowman wrote:Units in general have the habit of already launching their weapons before being properly aligned towards the target, causing their projectiles to hit
own or allied structures on accident if they're facing the wrong direction initially (after repairs / retreating). And there's also a good amount of random, all over the place missile scatter that just hits everything within a huge range, not just enemies at the targeted spot.

Same as above. I only bugfix or path the mod for the latest FAF version. I don't change anything else.

Idontknowman wrote:BUG: The UEF tactical missile launcher experimental doesn't seem to be able to attack anything.

Unit brnt2exm2 - Advanced Tactical Missile Launcher.
The launcher only works in stationary mode. But there is a bug that prevent the transform button from showing up.
I repaired this now and will release the fix with the next TM version (1.36)

Idontknowman wrote:TotalMayhem\sounds

"Should" work. Don't know what happened. Please add a game.log to your next post and i will take a look.

[Edit] Found a bug that was deleting all tooltip data. Will be fixed in 1.36
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Re: Total Mayhem 1.36 for all game versions

Postby Uveso » 26 Apr 2018, 22:36

Update 26.Apr.2018 (v1.36)

-Moved Mod icon to mod root folder.

-Changed the buildplatoon from T1EnergyProduction to T1HydroCarbon for the following units:
UEF = 'brnbaafac' Sky-Force (HydroCarbon Anti-Air Perimeter Control System)
UEF = 'ueb1107' HPG X100 (Hydroelectric Power Generator)
UEF = 'brnbt1peri' Overlook (HydroCarbon Perimeter Monitoring System)
Aeon = 'brobt1peri' Finther (HydroCarbon Perimeter Monitoring System)
Aeon = 'uab1107' Fordyce (Hydroelectric Power Generator)
Cybran = 'brmbt1peri' Hacker (HydroCarbon Perimeter Monitoring System)
Cybran = 'urb1107' Cabin (Hydroelectric Power Generator)
Seraphim = 'xsb1107' Eruya-leatoh (Hydroelectric Power Generator)
Seraphim = 'brpbt1peri' Uyal Ha-Esel (HydroCarbon Perimeter Monitoring System)

-Changed buildchance to 25% of T2AADefense for the following units:
UEF = 'brnt2epd' Tower Boss (Experimental Plasmacannon)
Cybran = 'brmat2gunship' -- Intruder (Advanced Gunship)
Aeon = 'broat1exgs' -- Halcyon (Advanced Gunship)

-Unit BRNT3BLASP
Fixed missing `FireTargetLayerCapsTable'

-Unit BRNT2EXM2
Changed bitmap for SpecialToggle button
Fixed tooltip that deleted all other ingame tooltipdata.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby GZAJ » 15 Jul 2018, 21:58

Hello,

Whenever I skirmish with this mod enabled along with any other mod, the icons turn into default icons and don't show the pictures...

I would link a picture but the forums say, "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs. "...
GZAJ

Postby Uveso » 16 Jul 2018, 19:19

Hello GZAJ,

Welcome to FAForever!

Total Mayhem and the FAF game version have its own icon support.

Maybe you turned the "Black Ops global icon support" mod on ?
This will break the icons.

If this is not the case, please post a game.log.

Info about how to get the game.log can be found here:
https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?title=Reporting_Technical_Issues
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby GZAJ » 18 Jul 2018, 05:06

Hi Uveso,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I came off a little crass in the last post. This mod has given me countless hours of fun since like 2013 or sometime around there, so when I found out there was a 1.36 version recently, and finally figured out how to play FAF AND install this mod, I was truly elated.

Anyway, at first I didn't know about the Icon support built into FAF until I downloaded the Black Ops Icon 5.0 and FAF told me it was built in already (I enabled it just to see what would happen and all of the icons disappeared completely in game, so bad idea).

So, I do not have any global Icon support "selected" as there is none to select since it is built in. The mods in question that break the icon images were all downloaded from the FAF vault. I have Total Mayhem 1.36, T3 Engineering Stations FAF, and T2 T3 Storage FAF. I did go manually download the Supreme Shields mod and use that as well. I've tried any number of configurations, but any mod enabled along with Total Mayhem yields broken icon images.

Here is a picture if this works a second time: https://imgur.com/a/tp4WrBv

I will get that log to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again and thank you so much for maintaining this mod! :)
GZAJ

PreviousNext

Return to Total Mayhem