AI update

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: AI update

Postby Thim » 22 Dec 2014, 02:50

MandeR, are you interested in working on an AI update as well? If you are, then we either would need to coordinate or whoever does a better job will outmode the other's code :)

Krapougnak, thanks. Do you know of a good IDE to work with? I have done all my modding for fun with nothing but notepad++, but that won't work with a repo without some elbow greese and angry mods.
Thim
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Thim

Postby Krapougnak » 22 Dec 2014, 10:39

Thim wrote:Krapougnak, thanks. Do you know of a good IDE to work with? I have done all my modding for fun with nothing but notepad++, but that won't work with a repo without some elbow greese and angry mods.

Nope sorry, I'm not really a modder, I just pass information from old times. ;)
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby Thim » 10 Jan 2015, 16:36

To any parties interested, note that I have not forgotten this project, but it's unlikely that I will return with something of value anytime soon. I really need to play this game less and mess with it more...
Thim
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Thim

Postby Domino » 20 Jan 2015, 21:30

Hi,

Getting the AI to build new units is easy, also adding/removing platoons/buffs/bonus is also very easy easy. it all in the metatables.
in DMS i actually already added all the code to do such things with ease, basically you create your own table in a certain place
and the code does the rest, its not really coding, its just creating tables of a certain format, its all hooked also so it doesnt complicate other scripts.
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby Resin_Smoker » 20 Jan 2015, 21:49

Domino wrote:Hi,

Getting the AI to build new units is easy, also adding/removing platoons/buffs/bonus is also very easy easy. it all in the metatables.
in DMS i actually already added all the code to do such things with ease, basically you create your own table in a certain place
and the code does the rest, its not really coding, its just creating tables of a certain format, its all hooked also so it doesnt complicate other scripts.

You may want to list examples and locations of files ect...

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby quark036 » 11 May 2015, 02:39

MandeR, could you send me that installer?
quark036

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: Quark036

Postby nikkinikki » 05 Oct 2015, 21:54

Hello, I also would like to work on AI.
I'd like to find some guys who understand the AI.. gas forums aren't alive.. so where do I search this guy Sprouto?
Also could you MandeR send me that installer too? :)
nikkinikki

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: nikkinikki

Postby Sprouto » 11 Jan 2016, 22:09

Greetings All - Sorry if this seems like a necro post.

I just recently reactivated my FAF account and realized that some folks might be looking for me, in particular for work on the AI. With the GPG forums now gone, I'll have to make this my new home so drop me a line if you have AI questions.
Sprouto
Priest

Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby Krapougnak » 14 Jan 2016, 13:12

Hi Sprouto,

Nice to have you back after the sad demise of GPG Forum.

How are things going with Loud AI ?

Last time I played with it (a year ago) I was taken aback by how far you have gone ! A little too much for me as I wasn't very fond of the "terraforming" when ACU appeared on the map, even if I understand that it was done to clear space for the AI to build its base, the terrain looked really weird afterward.

But otherwide impressive job you are an AI Codemaster ! ;)
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby Sprouto » 14 Jan 2016, 23:25

HI! Glad to see you're still about.

Loud continues to evolve very nicely, thanks for asking. We did have some weirdness issues with that terraforming, but it just pushed Terminator and I to work more on the maps, and also revising the base layouts, not only to add more types, but decrease the size of them so that terraforming needs could be minimized. And, of course, all other kinds of nastiness.
Sprouto
Priest

Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors