Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Krapougnak » 02 Dec 2015, 11:24

1. Make a minimod on the vault

2. Make a video of ingame actual play (not test) 3-5 minute long that is nice to watch and showcast this mod

3. Post a new thread on "general discussion" forum with said video

4. Keep making some buzz on that forum with new videos/replays of the mod. Try hosting games with the mod activated. The objective is to garner support and interest for the mod in the community.

5. Make all this just before the release of a patch for faf, so that this change could be added shortly to it before people loose interest and move on.

Another solution is to try to convince the mods (Icedreamer, Sheeo etc...) so they put it directly in a patch to be tested by the community, but that hasn't worked it seems... .

That is all that comes to mind, other than that I have no idea.

Good luck, your change could really add not only to faction diversity but also to the originality, the fluff and pleasantness of the game, without breaking balance. A game is not only a shitload of stats and numbers, it needs also to spark wonder and surprise the players.
User avatar
Krapougnak
Contributor
 
Posts: 339
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 11:03
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby wasdf » 02 Dec 2015, 11:34

Very nice mod, it looks very cool, but i can see one problem. How is this system going to handle the EMP stun of loyalists if it fires them off again? Will other units get stunned or still the GC?
wasdf
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 13:47
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 03 Dec 2015, 11:33

Krapougnak wrote:1. Make a minimod on the vault

2. Make a video of ingame actual play (not test) 3-5 minute long that is nice to watch and showcast this mod

3. Post a new thread on "general discussion" forum with said video

4. Keep making some buzz on that forum with new videos/replays of the mod. Try hosting games with the mod activated. The objective is to garner support and interest for the mod in the community.

5. Make all this just before the release of a patch for faf, so that this change could be added shortly to it before people loose interest and move on.

Another solution is to try to convince the mods (Icedreamer, Sheeo etc...) so they put it directly in a patch to be tested by the community, but that hasn't worked it seems... .

That is all that comes to mind, other than that I have no idea.

Good luck, your change could really add not only to faction diversity but also to the originality, the fluff and pleasantness of the game, without breaking balance. A game is not only a shitload of stats and numbers, it needs also to spark wonder and surprise the players.



I did most of what you've suggested but it seams that most are not open to the idea.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator
 
Posts: 858
Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 17:58
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 03 Dec 2015, 11:35

ajkayforty7 wrote:Very nice mod, it looks very cool, but i can see one problem. How is this system going to handle the EMP stun of loyalists if it fires them off again? Will other units get stunned or still the GC?


When the Loyalist is thrown, the EMP will impact those units near it. Hence if the GC throws the Loyalist, it can stun enemies with it as you'd expect.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator
 
Posts: 858
Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 17:58
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Krapougnak » 03 Dec 2015, 16:15

Resin_Smoker wrote:
Krapougnak wrote:1. Make a minimod on the vault

2. Make a video of ingame actual play (not test) 3-5 minute long that is nice to watch and showcast this mod

3. Post a new thread on "general discussion" forum with said video

4. Keep making some buzz on that forum with new videos/replays of the mod. Try hosting games with the mod activated. The objective is to garner support and interest for the mod in the community.

5. Make all this just before the release of a patch for faf, so that this change could be added shortly to it before people loose interest and move on.

Another solution is to try to convince the mods (Icedreamer, Sheeo etc...) so they put it directly in a patch to be tested by the community, but that hasn't worked it seems... .

That is all that comes to mind, other than that I have no idea.

Good luck, your change could really add not only to faction diversity but also to the originality, the fluff and pleasantness of the game, without breaking balance. A game is not only a shitload of stats and numbers, it needs also to spark wonder and surprise the players.



I did most of what you've suggested but it seams that most are not open to the idea.

Resin


Too bad... :( But keep trying making the buzz is the solution.

From my perspective, I get to play with your fantastic mod and I'm very happy about it ! So thanks again ! 8-)
User avatar
Krapougnak
Contributor
 
Posts: 339
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 11:03
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby wasdf » 03 Dec 2015, 18:14

Resin_Smoker wrote:
ajkayforty7 wrote:Very nice mod, it looks very cool, but i can see one problem. How is this system going to handle the EMP stun of loyalists if it fires them off again? Will other units get stunned or still the GC?


When the Loyalist is thrown, the EMP will impact those units near it. Hence if the GC throws the Loyalist, it can stun enemies with it as you'd expect.

Resin


But one of the nice features of loyalists vs GC's is that it gets stunned by sucking them in. So this is sort off a big nerf to the loya vs GC's, in stead of stunning it, it suddenly becomes a weapon for it. Still very nice work.
wasdf
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 Feb 2015, 13:47
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 03 Dec 2015, 21:19

ajkayforty7 wrote:
Resin_Smoker wrote:
ajkayforty7 wrote:Very nice mod, it looks very cool, but i can see one problem. How is this system going to handle the EMP stun of loyalists if it fires them off again? Will other units get stunned or still the GC?


When the Loyalist is thrown, the EMP will impact those units near it. Hence if the GC throws the Loyalist, it can stun enemies with it as you'd expect.

Resin


But one of the nice features of loyalists vs GC's is that it gets stunned by sucking them in. So this is sort off a big nerf to the loya vs GC's, in stead of stunning it, it suddenly becomes a weapon for it. Still very nice work.


Well consider that with the original GC, the Loyalist is killed at the point it comes into contact with the tractor-arms. Now with my changes, it allows the Loyalist to live until it's thrown and impacts the ground. The basic idea being that the Loyalist can still fire its weapons and the death event doesn't come into play until it actually dies. If you think about it this makes a hell of allot more sense by allowing to units being tractor-ed to continue to fight.

Now keep in mind that if a unit isn't "allowed" to fire from the Air layer, then being tractored would prevent it from firing as soon as it left the ground. This however wouldn't prevent a Death-Event from triggering.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator
 
Posts: 858
Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 17:58
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 104 times

Previous

Return to Contributors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest