Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 12 Oct 2014, 19:07

Krapougnak wrote:Done !

Thank you very much Resin now my "Universal Colossus" has a real specific weapon. :)

PS: didn't really needed to be a scripter or a coder to implement it, was pretty easy. Only remark some of the thrown units explosions are really big (ie the 4D Heavy Tank bot unit) but I can live with it.

The overall scripting may look simple but it took allot of effort to get it to that point. Remember, part of a scripter's job is to make the tools created easy for everyone to use.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby Krapougnak » 13 Oct 2014, 10:38

Hem, what I was saying is that just by copy/paste I succeeded in implementing this in my mod not that what you accomplished was easy to do ;)

Since I'm not a scripter the overall scripting just looks martian to me. :D

I'm just happy you did it cause I needed it for the Colossus I ported from SC2 and still happy that it was easy to copy/paste in my mod. :)

I also implemented your other improvements (wall fix, hover bomber, cybran acu laser and aeon ships fix...). What you do with and for this game keeps amazing me and I'm happy to implement it in my LAN mod. Thanks again for all the fun you bring. 8-)
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby Domino » 20 Oct 2014, 21:38

Hey,

Thats really cool Rez, good job!

Domino
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby Resin_Smoker » 24 Nov 2014, 15:11

Hey Dom... You still around? I'd like to get back into modding again once my fiber connection is setup and working.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Domino » 24 Nov 2014, 20:49

Resin_Smoker wrote:Hey Dom... You still around? I'd like to get back into modding again once my fiber connection is setup and working.

Resin

HEY!,

Yeah im still around pal barely, working 6 day shift rotations, SUX! hardly any time for anything of late. The Mrs is also working now to, so even less time as i look after kids while she works after i get home.. some days..

in next few weeks though, i should have more time to myself as things straighten out, got promotion at work, im now management so have to set an example and do what must be done.. im wanting to get back into modding also.

i will now answer in other thread lol.

Dave
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby Resin_Smoker » 01 Dec 2014, 15:52

You know it would be possible to add the unit throw ability to the GC as an enhancemnent if folks would / could accept this for inclusion into FAF.

Comments anyone ?

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Crotalus » 08 Dec 2014, 16:48

This seems cool, maybe also redo the way units are pulled towards the colossus? Attach a projectile and target / home the claw to get a more natural movement, right now they use a slider, right?

Overall we could use more people helping out with FAF-code so you're welcome to contribute. Clone this repo and start working :)

http://github.com/FAForever/fa
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Postby Resin_Smoker » 08 Dec 2014, 21:22

Crotalus wrote:This seems cool, maybe also redo the way units are pulled towards the colossus? Attach a projectile and target / home the claw to get a more natural movement, right now they use a slider, right?

Overall we could use more people helping out with FAF-code so you're welcome to contribute. Clone this repo and start working :)

http://github.com/FAForever/fa

Projectiles would not work so well... Think about how this would work with the CG in motion if a projectile was to travel (with unit attached) back to the GC. Odds are that it would overshoot the GC, looking very bad. At least with a slider, the units are drawn to the GC's arms no matter their position or motion.

BTW my script uses a slider to drawn in the target unit (thus completing the weapons charge cycle), finds a new target and then fires the attached unit via a projectile.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby IceDreamer » 08 Dec 2014, 21:53

The claws simply have to be redone, and I think a projectile would be better as long as the homing is good enough. It needs to be overhauled A: To get rid of errors when the unit tries to claw too many things at once, B: To stop the claws flinging units behind themselves, and C: To get rid of the attack-move order spam exploit which causes a much higher ROF than intended (Sucks up two units each tick).
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Crotalus » 08 Dec 2014, 22:17

Yeah projectiles would have trouble with a turning colossus. But you could say the same thing with the current sliders, it looks really silly when the colossus is turning - seems like they are hard-attached to a pole then.
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors