Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.4)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 10 Aug 2014, 18:51

Today (8/10/2014) I've completed the following:

-Added a "Watch" event to monitor the GC's tractor weapons. What this does is force the tractor-claws to seek new targets if they are fixated on a single target for more than 10 seconds. This also kicks into play if the claw hasn't received a target in the same amount of time.
-Fixed the GC's death event so that the death "sounds" during the fall-over animation match with the units appearance.
-Added an exception for the Firebeetle to allow it to attack the GC while being tractored in.
-Made a custom death event for the GC.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQbJ2s2QoF8&feature=youtu.be

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.5)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 11 Aug 2014, 03:08

Uploaded V0.5 and provided the link on the first page of this thread.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.5)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 13 Aug 2014, 09:53

Tonight i was able to complete the following....

This error is fixed:
Code: Select all
WARNING: Error running lua script: ...nce\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\sim\defaultweapons.lua(724): Game object has been destroyed
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `SetBusy'
            ...nce\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\sim\defaultweapons.lua(724): in function <...nce\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\sim\defaultweapons.lua:723>

-Units thrown now can leave reclaimable corpses.
-Added a few extra effects to the throw event.
-Tweaked the firing arcs more and improved performance.
-Units thrown "spin" in the air.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Re: Galactic Colossus can throw units W/ Download (v0.6)

Postby Resin_Smoker » 17 Aug 2014, 20:23

Updated the main thread with the download link for v0.6 !

Note: There is an extra unit in those files, the GC's eye. I'm working on making into it's own unit that separates during the GC's death. Keep in mind that this is not yet functional nor can this unit be built. To preview the new unit UAL0402 it must be spawned with console cheat menu.

Enjoy

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby nine2 » 10 Sep 2014, 13:25

What would be cool is upgradeable experimentals. Sure you could send that GC in now, or wait until it has finished its double grapling guns ... or maybe you would prefer lazer arms and lazer head. Seems as though your other work on the compartmentalized fatboy ties in with this nicely. Upgrades should be crazy expensive but I think that this could be a popular idea for the thermo crowd. Maybe to keep it sane, just one experimental from each faction would be upgradable. I don't know, think it would be awesome but I wouldn't actually play it myself :). Fatboy could have a better shield upgrade, an AA upgrade and a buildpower enhancement. Chicken could get an enhanced death explosion upgrade, I dunno, what the hell, a speed upgrade. Hard to say if monkey or crab for cybran, so lets just go with the bug and give it mazers (plural).

*dusts hands*
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Resin_Smoker » 11 Sep 2014, 04:15

partytime wrote:What would be cool is upgradeable experimentals. Sure you could send that GC in now, or wait until it has finished its double grapling guns ... or maybe you would prefer lazer arms and lazer head. Seems as though your other work on the compartmentalized fatboy ties in with this nicely. Upgrades should be crazy expensive but I think that this could be a popular idea for the thermo crowd. Maybe to keep it sane, just one experimental from each faction would be upgradable. I don't know, think it would be awesome but I wouldn't actually play it myself :). Fatboy could have a better shield upgrade, an AA upgrade and a buildpower enhancement. Chicken could get an enhanced death explosion upgrade, I dunno, what the hell, a speed upgrade. Hard to say if monkey or crab for cybran, so lets just go with the bug and give it mazers (plural).

*dusts hands*

Allot of things would be cool but over all the community wouldn't accept it and such few would play it. For that reason this type of work is done for my curiosity sake only.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby nine2 » 11 Sep 2014, 06:20

Yeah I agree. Like, you put all the work into the GC and reflector shields and stuff ... its awesome but no one plays it right? If you had 4DC as a featured mod you could just keep on enhancing it .. then people might actually play
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Krapougnak » 11 Sep 2014, 10:02

I follow Resin's work and plan to reuse the GC throwing units ability in my own private mod as soon as I finish this #!§/@? map I'm working on. So Resin work is not lost for everyone and very much welcome. :)
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby Resin_Smoker » 21 Sep 2014, 17:46

Krapougnak wrote:I follow Resin's work and plan to reuse the GC throwing units ability in my own private mod as soon as I finish this #!§/@? map I'm working on. So Resin work is not lost for everyone and very much welcome. :)

That's fine, just be aware that this isn't a simple mod and as such i strongly suggest you are familiarize yourself with the script before proceeding.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Krapougnak » 11 Oct 2014, 10:26

Done !

Thank you very much Resin now my "Universal Colossus" has a real specific weapon. :)

PS: didn't really needed to be a scripter or a coder to implement it, was pretty easy. Only remark some of the thrown units explosions are really big (ie the 4D Heavy Tank bot unit) but I can live with it.
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors