Reflecting projectiles V3 w/ download on pg 3

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: Reflecting projectiles V2 w/ download on pg 2

Postby nine2 » 13 Jun 2014, 08:13

Would be interesting tactically if only lazers and beams were reflected. Would increase the scissors, paper, rockness of supcom
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Resin_Smoker » 13 Jun 2014, 08:29

partytime wrote:Would be interesting tactically if only lazers and beams were reflected. Would increase the scissors, paper, rockness of supcom

I'll need to see the order of operations to see if the laser impact takes place first or if the shield impact does. Once thats known i could script something to create a secondary beam extending out at an angle from the shield.

Maybe this weekend if i get some time.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby zeroAPM » 13 Jun 2014, 13:44

partytime wrote:Would be interesting tactically if only lazers and beams were reflected. Would increase the scissors, paper, rockness of supcom

Isn't one of the most praised features of Supcom the fact that is not a Rock-Paper-Scissor like Starcraft though?
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby nine2 » 13 Jun 2014, 15:02

zeroAPM wrote:Isn't one of the most praised features of Supcom the fact that is not a Rock-Paper-Scissor like Starcraft though?

i have no opinion on that. however, one of the things *i* like about supcom is the countering between mml > pd2 > arty > pd1 > tank

this would just add an additional complexity when choosing the right tool for the job
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby Resin_Smoker » 13 Jun 2014, 18:47

At some point i may pick up WOF (Weight of Fire) again and redo it with what i've learned from the last few mods i've made.
Hopefully I can improve WOF and release something both stable and playable on FAF.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Resin_Smoker » 13 Jun 2014, 18:57

partytime wrote:
zeroAPM wrote:Isn't one of the most praised features of Supcom the fact that is not a Rock-Paper-Scissor like Starcraft though?

i have no opinion on that. however, one of the things *i* like about supcom is the countering between mml > pd2 > arty > pd1 > tank

this would just add an additional complexity when choosing the right tool for the job

Well please keep in mind that V2 is still very much a proof of concept mod and one that's overly ambitious to say the least. What i mean by this is that i really didn't add much in the way of restrictions to allow this to be used under most every combat condition imaginable. (For testing)The reality is that the game engine may not be able to handle the complex manipulation of projectiles in a true multiplayer environment and as such this mod would have to be significantly toned done as a result. Hence getting realistic feedback from players and other modders is a must if folks would like to see this mod evolve into something really useful. At the very least I'd like for this to be added to at least the mobile shields to be used as a semi-offensive shield that's capable of gaining veterancy from the reflected kills. In this version all units and structures with bubble shields can reflect projectiles. The Aeon T3 bot is pretty amazing with this ability!

BTW: Personal Shields don't have this ability and I haven't figured out why yet.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Resin_Smoker » 17 Jun 2014, 10:01

Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby nine2 » 17 Jun 2014, 11:35

nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby Resin_Smoker » 17 Jun 2014, 20:28

It's the DL link to V0.3, now as for making vid's this takes time that I don't always have. Besides, not all the changes made will have a visual aspect. Most things are bug fixes and changes done to how a reflected projectile behaves.

Unless someone looks at the scripts and understands what was done, much of the details would be lost on casual players.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Re: Reflecting projectiles V3 w/ download on pg 3

Postby Resin_Smoker » 17 Jun 2014, 20:36

Partytime... your welcome to work with the scripting to see if you can improve on what I've done so far.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Previous

Return to Contributors