New Game Music

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

New Game Music

Postby Crofts147 » 29 Aug 2018, 21:47

Hey all,

just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some new music being worked on for the game, I would be happy to work on some new tracks for the game if it is possible and if people would be interested. It won't let me add a link to my soundcloud but if you search Phillip Crofts it'l be the profile with the white fox as the picture.

Edit by Exotic_Retard: link to soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/phillip-crofts/
Crofts147
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Contagion

Re: New Game Music

Postby Exotic_Retard » 29 Aug 2018, 22:43

Hi,

1.it is possible to put arbitrary sounds into the game and play them whenever you want, and music mods have been made in the past, equally importantly, there are tools and people active on faf who can use them, so you are covered on the technical front for sure.

as for the music, well why dont you give it a go:
theres absolutely nothing stopping you from making a music mod and if you should ask for help then there are people who can guide you and pack it so it works, the only bit you need to do is the music itself!

likewise there is a need for sound creation (things like explosion sounds, special effects ect) in other projects and mods on faf so if youre interested in that too then you can help out there as well.

you could just start making something - put some sample track on and see if theres some interest, i found some soundcloud and edited your post, let me know if its the right place. if it is sounds pretty well made to me at least! so thats cool.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Uveso » 29 Aug 2018, 23:21

Hello Crofts147,

welcome to FAForever!

Nice music. I hope "Titan" is part of your music pack. :)
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby Crofts147 » 30 Aug 2018, 00:19

Ah that's awesome Exotic Retard cause I have no idea on the technical front, if other people already know how to do it then I can focus on making the music. Cheers for adding the link to my Soundcloud, it is indeed the correct one. I have just smashed together a quick sample of what a potential track could sound like found here: https://soundcloud.com/phillip-crofts/track-1-sample

When I finish working on the music mod I will have a look into sound effects, not something I've got much experience in but I could defo look into it.
Crofts147
Crusader

Postby Crofts147 » 30 Aug 2018, 00:37

Thanks Uveso, perhaps it will be!
Crofts147
Crusader

Postby Exotic_Retard » 30 Aug 2018, 10:34

Hi,

Ive just done a little checking for you, and the mods are pretty simple to make. you can either replace or add to the existing music (replacing is easier though), and also the mods do actually work so we dont have to worry about fixing anything, just following the steps.

there is separate peace and battle music, and the code just loops through the tracks, switching between the two types as needed.

so from your perspective:
1.decide which tracks are peace and which are battle
2.decide if you want to replace or add to the existing music
3.harass someone to pack it into a mod for you!

also i do like your tracks, i do love me some orchestral (or w.e. you call it im not a musician xD)

obviously do what you want, but maybe as some extra encouragement i quite liked the music in frostpunk, reminded of what you did here a bit :>
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Postby Crofts147 » 30 Aug 2018, 13:26

Ah cool, I was wondering how the game went about picking tracks.

I do like the frostpunk soundtrack, I'll probably experiment with different moods and maybe have some tense tracks for peace.
How would I go about finding someone to pack the mod for me? Would it be best to add another forum post for it or just ask in chat?

Thanks again for your help.
Crofts147
Crusader

Postby Exotic_Retard » 30 Aug 2018, 17:39

good luck with the creating!

just post here when youre ready and ill get the boys in order (ง ͠° ͜ ʖ ͡°)ง
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Postby Crofts147 » 16 Oct 2018, 01:06

Combat track one pretty much finished. https://soundcloud.com/phillip-crofts/prepare-for-war
Crofts147
Crusader

Postby Uveso » 16 Oct 2018, 02:21

Awesome!

I like the part from 2:51 on :)
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times