ReclaimAI related error from log

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

ReclaimAI related error from log

Postby crispweed » 29 Jul 2018, 13:31

Just for info, I saw this error in the log:

Code: Select all
WARNING: Error running lua script: ...ta\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ai\aiutilities.lua(1180): attempt to perform arithmetic on local `x' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ...ta\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ai\aiutilities.lua(1180): in function `RandomLocation'
            ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\platoon.lua(1668): in function `ReclaimAI'
            ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\platoon.lua(5275): in function <...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\platoon.lua:5274>

I was playing against a couple of 'AIx: Sorian AI Adaptive', on The Bermuda Locket.

(Perhaps it is possible to chase this down futher, just based on that stack trace, I don't know..)
crispweed
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: crispweed

Re: ReclaimAI related error from log

Postby Uveso » 30 Jul 2018, 06:01

Thank's for reporting this.

Just to explain what this error means;

LUA found a variable called "x" and expected a number but got an empty value.
This was triggered from the ReclaimAI function.
X and y should be the position of an location but at this time the locationmanager was not present and so no position was available.
This happened maybe because the last unit was destroyed on a location and the location manager was deleted right before an engineer got a reclaim command.
This will be or is already fixed depending what game version you are playing.

So, what game version are you playing ?
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby crispweed » 05 Aug 2018, 09:41

I can see a little FAF icon in the upper left of the lobby screen, with a number next to it. Is this the game version?

The number here is 3696.

I would normally expect to be running an up to date version, due to the auto-update thing, but I also play offline skirmishes sometimes by running ForgedAlliance.exe directly from ProgramData/FAForever/bin, and sometimes watch replays, and I'm thinking now that maybe it's possible for me to end playing with an old game version if I run ForgedAlliance.exe directly after watching an old replay?
crispweed
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: crispweed

Postby Uveso » 06 Aug 2018, 02:12

Yes, 1.6.3696 is the latest release version.

But you could also play the latest development version of the game (FAF Develop)
Here we are testing patches for the relase version.

If you don't play online, then use the develop version.

Also if you are interested in plaing against my new AI you need the Dev version.
My AI has all coming AI patches already included, so you can play with it 1-2 month earlier if you want:
http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=16381

And if you find errors i can test/patch them with the AI mod in 1-2 days.
Then; after a week i can implement the patch to the game and 1-2 month later it will be part of the release version.

[Edit] Only AI related errors! No enhancments etc.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Return to Contributors